Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 31 von 52
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

The Bad guys goes to Hostile People > People. Must remove Humans from Creatures, but philosophically, maybe they are the same kind.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

HOLY MOTHER!
I don't want to see tables for some time, really!
(Btw: Final version of the page: http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Fortress_of_Aman )
Guys, it's impossible to focus on everything, the Wikia has grown HUGE. Too huge for one or two persons to contol it:p Hours of thinking with Garnet and Theo how to change Templates for place. MY GOD. And the pain in creating these tables:P They seem buggy or I don't know how to create them, seriously:p You try to delete one column and the whole table ruins.
And I TRIED to apply at least some of the new layout to places... JESUS CHRIST people really contirbute a lot and we do have quite a lot of places done (maybe not too detailed, but at least photos and basic info).

I just can't think on other things but just to divide us into Wikia sections. And you focus mainly on these sections and try to describe them with as much detail as impossible:p One well done section is better then alot of disorganised info everywhere.

Garnet -->Armor/Weapons
Me-->Main Quest

Gunner and Hawk just choose what you like doing, I'm not going to impose anything:p
And we really need more poeple to help out. And sometimes with tedious, monotonous work (like giving unified layout to Places or Creatures, they are a bit disorgnised as they are eidted by a lot of people). I don't care we can have even 20 adimins, but when Wikia is ready we won't need new admins. I would like to see Theo among admins, he learns fast and he has really nice ideas (he proposed the Table for Places). But it's just impossible to organize everything with 3-4 people. I just can't imagine it;p

PS. JUst noticed I suddenly became very religious in this post;p
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

@kassandra - relax.
(Btw: Final version of the page: http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Fortress_of_Aman )
looks excellent. :D

You've put a lot into this - be proud. Your right, do not even try to focus on everything. As I think I might have indicated, I will carry on spell checking, trying to improve links and take a look at creatures section (will try to do my own spreadsheet first in open office or windows).

What with Garnet, Theo and TheGunnerBoat doing so much its taking serious shape.

......And bless you my children.......... :lol:

Edit::: p.s. over the next week or two I'll try and find some decent tables. Thats right I am lazy. Find a table and borrow its source code.
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Holy Ashes.
Things get serious. Even UESP has no detailed pages.
So I'm condemned to Armament, can I do some place, person, please :(
And Kassandra, take a deep breath, see a episode of Dr. House...
And today is Saturday Bild

EDiT: Fixed links for hostile people.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

I didn't mean to sound serious, it was some time since I last checked Places:p And I was a bit surprised how huge it has grown :]

As for quests, you Hawk checked every quest, so what do you think about the organization of the main quest?
I checked DA wiki and they have something like this:
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Circle

The table of contents is also not 'elegant' but everything is easy to find. I guess I will review the quest pages for similar tabes.
Infobox - nice, but Nehrim is far more complicated and I think slideshows are necessary to show some things to players.
But I like how they put photos after each heading. Interesitng.

I also checked how they dealt with Creatures: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Hurlock
Hmm so an Infobox on the rigt side (top) and at the bottom - A Gallery.

And Garnet , susure, feel free to edit other pages as well. I would go crazy if I only looked at quest page :]

I guess Hawk you could also figure out infoboxes. If we want them. If we do, the faster the better :P
TheGunnerBoat
Schurke
Schurke

Yesterday I took a small break, and got playing Oblivion again (I've been keeping savegames apart), today or tonight I'll start again losing my sanity.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Be as serious as you like. I always am :lol:
organization of the main quest?
Compared to the link you gave, I prefer ours. Easier to follow and easier to read. The website link you gave, yes it's graphically "pretty", but I found it difficult to see the information I would want. i.e too many colours, too much going on.

Slideshows I prefer for the places where it is important to show timeline or story. Photo galleries for static i.e armour, weapons, people etc.

Going to see how easy to create our own "info box" or "borrow one".

On table creation. There are other ways to create tables.........I am not great with Microsoft office (do not have it anyway), but in Open Office you can create a table, convert to HTML and copy source to wiki. Voila, table created without having to be logged in. :idea: 8) EDIT::: If you want to see how it works (do not laugh), two tables, less than 2 minutes work. If you are good with office/tables etc (I am not) - well anything is possible http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/CretTemp
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Wow Hawk the table looks just GREAT! And I guess it looks better than any infobox.
Just a suggestion for one more column- Experience Points

It iwll bejust enough to apply later all these tables to all creatures, and maye someday, someone will add info ! Photo size you can put in Notes recommended photo size to fit the table.
Just checkd if Tables are user-friendlyto edit... GREAT JOB, every commoner will be able to add info! It oesn't switch to Source Mode or whatever

For Hostile People the same table but without Drops (they drop too many items).
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

@ kassandra - which table? the one that just seemed to disappear or the spreadsheet type on thats there now..... :?

Exp points - where to get info? Some /most seem to come from scripts.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

The idea behind the spreadsheet type one (would need help, because i've tried adding javascript etc and cannot get it to work), is to have all info, but also when click on name have a pop-up with picture/description/notes any quest stuff.
520 Beiträge Seite 31 von 52