Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 3 von 52
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Kassandra,

I am going to try and do the "Goblins and wild boar" quest (Tirin Abbey) and was looking at your contribution to the "Predatory Bird" quest and wanted to know how to set up the page like that with a table of contents and different sections. That seems like a good, consistent way to set up all of the quest pages, no? Did you format that or was it already like that and you just added to it? If you did do it, and it isn't too difficult to explain, could you explain to me how you did it so I can set my future quest pages likewise?
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hey Blink :)
To have this table of contents you simply need to use headings . They put our writings in sections.

I.

1. Write using Heading 2 (eg. Quest description)
Write your own description here in normal print.
2. Write using Heading 2 (eg. Tips)
Write your own description here.

In the table of contents it will look like this one ( Mind you, the table of contents DOESN'T appear in the preview mode)
1. Quest description
2. Tips

II
1. If you want to experiment with a bit more complicated layout :
1. Write using Heading 2 (eg. Quest desscription.
a. Write using Heading 3 (eg. starting point)
b. Write using Heading 3 (eg. Encountered NPCs)
c. Write using Heading 3 (eg. Qest goal)
2. Write using Heading 2 (eg. Walkthrough)
a. Write using Heading 3 (eg. Arcane Sanctum)
b. Write using Headig 3 (eg. Waverock)
etc.

Then you will get the following layout :
1. Quest description
1.1 Starting point
1.2 Encountered NPCs
1.3 Quest goal
2. Walkthrough
2.1Arcane Sanctum
2.2 Waverock

But with a bit complicated and long quests I simply used only Heading 2 and used Bulleted lists to divide into some parts : http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Into_the_Forsaken_Country

I hope I managed to help. It will be useful for anyone who wants to edit something :)
Btw Blink, a nice,very detailed description of The Moon Sheep :)
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Just to let you know (and in case anyone was going to do the same!!), I have sent an email to the admin at http://map.planetoblivion.de/component/ ... Itemid,42/ asking if its okay to link to there Nehrim interactive map.
It is in German (shame on us purely English speakers if we do not know how to use a google translate or something similar), but great map and spoiler button on left shows every location in Nehrim.

edit: Kassandra apologies, I appear to have deleted one of your screenshots (Bone-crusher) while putting a slideshow in wanted quest section. Could you re-upload. Sorry :(
Zuletzt geändert von TheHawk am 04.12.2010 15:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

OK Kassandra, thanks for the info. I will play around with that a bit more. I had already tried using the different headings but it didn't seem to do anything - I had been hitting the preview button and was not seeing anything I wanted so I never saved it.

Thanks again I will see if I can get it to work.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

I see you're doing fine, Blink :)

I edited only ony link.
As I mentioned before, unfortunately, I messed up a bit with URLs when I first got to editing this Wikia.

When you add a link: Target URL :Arcane Sanctum --> it directs to Arcane Sanctum Services. I guess the same is with Erothin. To do it right, you need to change URL :

write in URL: Arcane Sanctum place --> it actually directs to Arcane Sanctum description.
write in URL: The capital : Erothin --> it actually directs to Erothin description.

PS. It soemtimes doesn't find the page instantly. Then you have to click : To an external link and the To a wiki page agian and... it finds the page:O
PPS. Another tip.. sometimes it's enought to write the beginning letters- it automatically gives available options.

Btw.. if anyone knows how to fix this confusing situation with Arcane Sanctum and Erothin URL please try to fix it. Or leave it, and I will edit the appropriate links to the main cities later on :) I guess the problem concerns only the main cities.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Done what I normally do, leaped before I looked. Just put a Thieves Den page up then noticed a table of trainers etc. You need admin rights to delete a page I guess?

Also Kassandra, you keep screenshots somewhere else? Just asking because was going to add a couple to Blinks great write up on City Guard quest (just Narel being chased, leading to thieves den.), but cannot edit without deleting yours and do not want to do that. Any chance to upload? :roll:
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Hm I'm not thinking aobut deleting a page but maybe changing URL? So that when you want to link 'Erothin' it actually directs us to Erothin, not Erothin services.

EDIT: My mistake... it moves to Erothin started by Bec, not services :) So you're right it actually means deleting the page.
But the problem is with Arcane Sanctum. It actually moves to Arcane Sanctum services. I guess here it would be necessary to change the URL and maybe that is possible only for admins.

When I started creating articles I didn't realize URLs were that important^ Sorry for that.

And about screenshoting- I guess I will leave it you. And of course feel free to delate mine or you can change it into a Slide Show and add more of your screenshots.

And Blink did The Moon Ship quest- excellent work:)
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
right it actually means deleting the page.
Might get away with just renaming some pages. Maybe ?!

While we are on the subject :mrgreen: well changing it completely. You seem to be great with tables and layouts. I was just looking at "creatures" table and am worrying that there are so many types of same creature i.e I think so far seen about 5 or 6 different type of wolf and the same for rats.
Would it be better somehow to just have Wolf etc in table and then sub-categorize?
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Great with tables and layouts? You must be kidding :D I change them all the time I get a new idea...
But you're definitely right. I guess we should put one category 'Wolf' and then inside the article sub-categories like 'Senile shadow wolf', 'Shadow Wolf' , 'Northern Wold' etc. I guess the drop doesn't change. So I don't know if we need to create new articles on these variations.

EDIT: I put an exemplary table in the Wolf category:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Wolf

It is possible to chceck enemies' hitpoints, isn't it?
And the soul level - maybe some time in the future someone will want to edit it:P
But these tables would come in handy only if there are variations. I don't know yet if there are variations to ALL of the creatures.

And there appears to be a problem with categorizing eg. goblins.
I also noticed something that confuses me about Goblins. The are generally called 'Goblins' but they do vary in appearances and type of attack and the loot ( I did today the Escape quest in the sewers) Should we categrozie them as ' goblin archer' , 'goblin mage' even when there is no such categorization in the game?
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

HI.
EDIT: I put an exemplary table in the Wolf category:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Wolf
That looks good. I was getting concerned about size the creature table could end up at.
confuses me about Goblins

Confused me as well. Checked in CSEditor, there are only 3 types of Goblin in there. Goblin, Canal Goblin and Desert Goblin. Although for each type there are slight variations i.e some have prefix shooter (or something like that), guess similar to human with bow or human with sword.
Might be best when find creatures like Goblins to just put a note in explaining they can be melee, archer or mage variants.
It is possible to chceck enemies' hitpoints, isn't it?
Hit points can check in CSEditor, although as with above answer, there appears to be slight variations with Goblins, did not check any others.
And the soul level - maybe some time in the future someone will want to edit it
good idea. At the moment not fully important but seeing how it is a w.i.p, they may just incorprorate a better enchanting mechanism.
520 Beiträge Seite 3 von 52