Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 2 von 52
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

I know what you mean- it would be nice if there was an option to hide some sections/information about what we write ( eg. spoiler alert) , but I don't know if it's possible. Maybe try Wikia Help : http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Contents
( I read only Beginner's Corner so far:P) Or maybe is it an option possible only for administrators? And I guess there is no contact with the guy who started the Wikia...
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

kassandra hat geschrieben:
I know what you mean- it would be nice if there was an option to hide some sections/information about what we write ( eg. spoiler alert) , but I don't know if it's possible. Maybe try Wikia Help : http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Contents
( I read only Beginner's Corner so far:P) Or maybe is it an option possible only for administrators? And I guess there is no contact with the guy who started the Wikia...
Ok thanks. I will try and do some reading about the formatting. I also received a welcome message from someone with the handle "bec 82" or something like that. Is s/he admin for the Wikia to your knowledge?
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hello,

I guess you want to ask if there is a 'spoiler' template to hide parts of the text. To be honest, I have no idea if that exists for Wikia.

However, if you know a bit about templates for Wikia, you might be able to change the background of the text to black or something. People can highlight parts of text with their mouse this way. I don't know if this method works though, but it's worth a try. (http://templates.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Fontcolor)

Cheers. :wink:

Edit: I just read that you need to put those templates from Wikia Templates on your wiki or something. My brain isn't advanced enough to understand all these difficult steps though...
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Yes, bec82 is the guy who started the Wikia. But it is an automatic message sent from the administrator.

I just checked other Wikias and wow it would be great to have a more attractive 'layout' of the page. I didn't realize Wikia is so complicated.
(These are random pages :http://medalofhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Medal_of_Honor_Wiki , http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page ) .
But, I didn't find on any page ' hidden' texts. So maybe it's not possible after all.

Ps. We will definitely want to have consistent walkthroughs. But I guess first we have to focus on writing the quests, and we can 'polish' our articles and choose the best and only layout/structure for all the quests to make them really easy-to-read.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
it would be great to have a more attractive 'layout' of the page.
Whoever is the Administrator can do some quick easy changes. Colour/icons etc.
Down the bottom right of page is a My Tools section, Admins can add tools there and choose from a set of layouts.
Quick read shows the founders (person who first requested it) of the Wiki are the administrators. Check My Tools and see if you can add Theme Designer, if you can add it, you are the administrator. I cannot.
If no one can, I guess would have to contact bec82.
Could not do it myself, being dragged off to a remote island soon (no laptop (luckily all being paid for)).
Is there a way to make the text hidden in a step by step format
it would be nice if there was an option to hide some sections/information about what we write
See edit.......

Yes to both questions, but and a big but. To the first it would have to be a web page template, written most likely in cs. I cannot/allowed to even see the page code, just the source of text. Then it would have to be someone good at cs/html codeing.

The second quote, similar to first answer, but maybe a little simpler, if someone could add a tooltip edit to the page. Then it would have to be someone who knows what they are doing and allowed to do it. Its been a long time since I did any HTML codeing/web page building.
If you could or know someone who could do a template, I'm sure it would be allowed to be imported.

Edit: If someone can get too see source code, just need code from contents template.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Lucky you Hawke, enjoy your stay on the island! It's damn freezing cold where I live.

Wow, I don't even know what you're writing about. And no, I don't have the option in 'My Tools'...
I posted a message on Bec82 Talk Page, but, frankly speaking, I don't expect any reply. He's been inactive for some time.
And it would be a pity if we weren't able to change much only because the admin is inactive and left no contact info.

And I do hope that there is someone on this forum who would help us with at least these complicated procedures that you're writing about :) It doesn''t have to be now of course, but it would make the Wiki look better, when we finally finish at least the quest help parts.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I sent a message to Wikia regarding our inactive admin:
Hello,

Our admin, who created Nehrim Wiki, has been inactive for almost 2 months. Is it possible to grant his/her rights to another user who is more frequently online?

And is it also possible to contact our admin aside from his/her talk page?

Thank you in advance,

Shatar0
I hope I can contact our admin Bec82 this way and ask him if it's possible to grant the admin rights to one of us if he really abandoned the Wiki .

Cheers
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
I sent a message to Wikia regarding our inactive admin:
Nice one Shatar. :D

And I do hope that there is someone on this forum who would help us with at least these complicated procedures
Changing the colour scheme/fonts, having a new logo etc does not look to complicated. Have seen your written work etc, definately on the upper side of intelligent.

For the codeing etc - might not need to do too much if can get to source code. :D
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Wow thanks Hawke, this time I feel flattered:P And good move Shatar.
BUT if there is a possibility of choosing a new admin, I think both of you should consider the option.
I am a kind of a bookish person, I really am not too skilled with using a computer. Everyone can write Wikia articles, but not everyone can deal with admin-related stuff.
Even when I started editing Wikia... I started writing in SOURCE mode. ( I thought pressing 'edit' and simply writing would be too easy :shock: . And later... I messed a bit with URLs... )
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Admin are bookish types.
I'm more of a creative tinkerer, take things apart then forget to put them together again :mrgreen:

It might be an idea to have more than one Admin, maybe a small group of Admins.
520 Beiträge Seite 2 von 52