Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 50 von 52
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

@Garnet
We will have a new person with us helping with Wiki- I am busy preparing for October, but I hope I found a replacement for a least the upcoming few months. Neuromancer wrote to me on Wikia via email, and he is really willing to help with Wiki. And he's a native speaker of english and an experienced editor, so he will help us with style , grammar etc. I told him that when I am unreachable or too busy to respond (will probably happen with such a small baby ;/) , he can always contact you :)
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

I'm glad about that, so Neuromancer you are welcome.
Don't worry about small baby, they only eat, sleep and ...(spoiler) and more important where you put them, you find them there (at least the first few months) :lol:
BurningChrome
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hello, everyone! My name is Randy and I`m completely thrilled to be here! I love this game like no other, 100+ hours and still going, lol. Anyway, not sure how the name Neuromancer got in, I guess I signed up through my Google account. Here I`m BurningChrome, (another William Gibson reference, lol), but please call me Randy. I`m a retired writer on disability so I have plenty of time to help this wonderful creation that you`ve been doing such a great job with. I`ll mostly be proofreading for grammar, spelling, sentence structure and the like. Real low-key stuff. I`m starting with the first page and going all the way through. If at any time you don`t like what I`ve done, please feel free to edit! Thank you again! XD :thumbsup:
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Hi guys,
What do you think about removing the protection level everywhere?
I see people disappointed that some pages are blocked for them and they are unable to contribute.
For a year, we have not suffered any major damage ( just one guy with some silly comments, I guess he didn't like the modder or something) in mods section, but we can gain some new contributions, I guess. And Nehrim fans is a small group of really friendly people.

I could take care of removing the protection, it's just clicking all the time- a bit of boring but repeatable work:)
BurningChrome
Schurke
Schurke

kassandra hat geschrieben:
Hi guys,
What do you think about removing the protection level everywhere?
I see people disappointed that some pages are blocked for them and they are unable to contribute.
For a year, we have not suffered any major damage ( just one guy with some silly comments, I guess he didn't like the modder or something) in mods section, but we can gain some new contributions, I guess. And Nehrim fans is a small group of really friendly people.

I could take care of removing the protection, it's just clicking all the time- a bit of boring but repeatable work:)
I know I`m very new here, but I`ve moderated other forums and I would leave it as it is. I personally don`t mind hitting a button and waiting two seconds. Whereas, a troll could come in and do God knows what overnight. True, it would be taken down immediately, but who knows how many people would see it and think, "What a crappy website, I`m never going back there, nor play that game" Maybe too paranoid, but that`s just my humble opinion.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

All opinions are welcome- and we were also a bit paranoid when starting our contributions :)
What I don't like about Wikia is that you are either an admin or an unregistered user (no something in-between).
We can choose only 3 levels of protection :
1) Allow all users
2) Block unregistered users and new users
3) Only admins
We had nr2 on most pages- but here it block even new users who get registered. So, in fact, only admins are allowed to contribute...

I already had to unblock MQ and Side Quest pages, as people wrote to me they wanted to put notes or correct something.
Maybe a good idea would be to decide which sections to block and which to leave open ?
Wikia has some anti -spam protection, even I was banned for spamming on Nehrim Wiki for spamming ;p
BurningChrome
Schurke
Schurke

Either that, or carefully select the people to give editing powers to.
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Hi guys,
Today was a boom of new contributors on Wikia :?: , very nice, I edited the "Wanted Pages", a sort of inventory, so someone read it...
And another thing, judging by Wiki statistics on September 16, NehrimWiki had 25.800 visits (in one day) :thumbsup: Or is Wikia counter broke like the new editor? :lol:
About protecting pages (here I'm a bit paranoid), really don't like users with IP, and i don't know how long take for a new user become an "old" user. So I prefer to leave like it is, no matter that some pages are unprotected now. Many contributors use to ask for it in comments.
And for Admins, a little patience, maybe someone with great Willpower, perhaps Randy, he seems deep waded in Nehrim story.
BurningChrome
Schurke
Schurke

Well, I started out intending just to edit for language differences, etc. But since I`m actually playing the game, I`ve been checking the quest entries against my recent playthroughs and discovered a few quest-related things missing, such as the Giant Worm and the part about "touching" it`s beating heart(?), so that the anus(?) muscles would relax, allowing the player to exit the damned thing, lol. At least, that`s what I did. (Can`t believe I just typed that last sentence, lmao!) If you`re suggesting I would like to be an admin, I would be touched and honored to be such. This game is not a game to me, it`s my future, for as long as you`ll have me. I feel very protective of Nehrim, perhaps coming from being a forum mod I may be a bit zealous about security, but it just means I`m not used to a wiki-like approach where everyone can change things at any time. :oops:
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

:lol: This exit is very smelly.
@Kassandra
Can we promote Randy to the Knight Admin of Nehrim Addicts?
520 Beiträge Seite 50 von 52