Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 28 von 52
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I saw that the Main Page was a little messed up some days ago with the weird 'edit button' disappearance (how did this happen?). Now it still looks a little bit 'broken' (a lot of space between the navigation bar and the 'Home' section, the 'Latest activity' section has also moved again and left a bit of coding behind).

Perhaps this is why the Super Über Mega 1337 Anti-Spam Task Force of Doom banned several people as they thought we were all responsible for the mess.

I'm glad to hear it's solved now. :)
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

@Shatar

Missing Edit Button
It was due to a huge wikia update to a new version. It was not our doing:) They did expect some glitches and code messing. And it was Wiki Support that helped to fix it, they wrote some codes and this message: 'Attached you will find the snippets of CSS that broke your skin.The problem is their relative attribute is draping the element on top of your other skin elements.'

Blocking
I guess we can expect more of that. Probably due to some elemnts in our IPs that result in automatic blocking:http://community.wikia.com/index.php?ti ... 0127183616

Latest Activity
I guess it was pretty intentional, no, Hawk? I guess it's pretty easy to go back to previous version- we can rollback the latest edit (but we will also have to edit for some spelling mistakes on the main page again).
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

@kassandra - intentional??? seemed strange. Without facts - unsure.

The little weird look of home page etc could well be down still to some css scripting. As there fix would propably not fix all. Needs checking. Could Toxic do it??

Rollback!!!!!!!!! I've spell checked and put some bits correct from Path of the Gifted upto and including Shots for Freedom. (I loathe spell checking)........... please do not mention rollback again. :lol:
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Ok sorry Hawk, thought that you didn't like the position of the Latest Activity and moved it at the bottom of the page (you were the last in main page history when I checked its History:p) Already fixed it, it's just the position of the elements on our main page, didn't need to code anything. Rollback did well and I corrected the spelling mistakes again.

Toxic is at the moment extremely busy. But when she is back, I will definitely ask her to review CSS as Wikia Support wrote that the problem was due to our CSS scripting, not new update. Or would be great if any of you knew anyone who is familiar with CSS and willing to help us from time to time. I've seen one can do wonders with CSS and JavaScript ;p Maybe this Visitors Counter is possible in JS? Just a guess.

I also encounter Bad Request error problem every time I hit Save for the first time, pretty annoying. And sometimes the page freezes and my edits just vanishes. Uh.
Zuletzt geändert von kassandra am 27.01.2011 21:16, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
TheGunnerBoat
Schurke
Schurke

This events just shows we need to move to IPv6 soon.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
I also encounter Bad Request error problem every time I hit Save for the first time, pretty annoying. And sometimes the page freezes and my edits just vanishes. Uh.
I am seeing a few oddities when I start an edit. edit::: seems alright now.

Visitors counter could be in many code languages, asp/php/java/html. (personally do not like java, used to be easy to infect). Not sure which would be best and long time since I messed with any css code.

p.s Honest, I will not move anything with out asking :mrgreen:

edit: @TheGunnerBoat - Yep Ivp6 would be great, but how far away is it?
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Another post.
While using monopage actually found a page in my tools which showed how many users in last hour (or something like that). Changed from monopage and cannot find it now. Anyone else come across it?
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Did you mean Recent Changes or Users List ?
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

@Shatar - First sorry about my manners not enquiring after your exams. So, hope everything is going well.
Second - neither of those links and I have tried to find it in the mono style wiki again. Might just have been a glitch, as some pages in mono I cannot view now as it says wrong theme installed.
TheGunnerBoat
Schurke
Schurke

The only reason behind not adopting IPv6 is that people technically involved in servers maintenance are delaying its full deployment for fear and ignorance.
For deployment, IPv6 is largely incompatible with IPv4 at the packet level, and translation services have practical issues that make them controversial.[2] IPv6 and IPv4 are therefore treated as almost entirely separate networks with devices having two separate protocol stacks if access to both networks is needed, with tunneling of IPv6 on IPv4 and vice versa. In December 2008, despite marking its 10th anniversary as a Standards Track protocol, IPv6 was only in its infancy in terms of general worldwide deployment. A 2008 study[3] by Google Inc. indicated that penetration was still less than one percent of Internet-enabled hosts in any country. IPv6 has been implemented on all major operating systems in use in commercial, business, and home consumer environments.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6
520 Beiträge Seite 28 von 52