Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 19 von 52
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

I just wanted to look something up in the Wiki, and noticed that there was only Attributes on the main page, but no Link to Skills/Talents. Did it missing or should i have searched more?
Otherwise the navigation on the mian page is great. Easy access to everything important.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Yes, there are no articles on skills/talents yet.
I will only add a link on the main page , maybe someone would like to write something someday :P
We're working slowly, but making a little progress every day^

Edit: Wow, there was a page on skills.. only giving basic info, but I wasn't aware of it. Must have got orphaned somewhere during the change of layout:p

One more to everyone who is reading:
It has been rightly pointed out that the classification of creatures into 'Daedric' is misleading as it does not refer in any way to Nehrim lore. Any suggestions as how to change it ? The one is Creatures of Magic.

And anyone else would like to help us with Wikia? Still need more people to take care of it ! Now the only active contributors are I guess me, Toxic and Garnet. Would really appreciate some more helping hands. You don't need to know a lot about editing or Nehrim ( it will come with time!) , sometimes simple answering to people's comments or editing existing texts for mistakes/misspelling would really help...
ToxicCosmos
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Hey, I just wanted to let you all know I'm still around. Just haven't been feeling too well the past couple of days.

Anyway, any thoughts on the home page? Links and such for the quick nav and other modules? I was thinking that I'd like to somehow incorporate all the links we have on the hompage right now. Top nav (pulldowns), quick nav (most looked-for info) and maybe another if they don't all fit right in the pulldowns? *shrug* My head is still foggy. ^^
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hello,

I would definitely like to participate. I guess I could spellcheck and add information to incomplete pages.
But I' m german, so writing new texts probably is something a native speaker should do.
I can offer to translate information that is already available in the german part of the forum, so it can be added to the wiki.

There is, for example, a modmap with every location of nehrim including cell numbers. I could add these information to the existing sites in the wiki.

P.S. By the way, I'm the one who wrote the comment regarding the Daedra-category earlier.

Roland Deschain
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

@Roland
Welcome, how Kassandra said, we really need help of any kind, so you can do things where you are comfortable with.
You can add a Mod map to Maps and maybe linked it with Mod section (empty now).
@Toxic
I hope you feel better now. There is an TemplateInfobox for Weapons, in fact it can be a general Nehrim Infobox. so if you can do anything about it:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad29 ... nfobox.jpg
I made a special description for one weapon, but the default infobox is brr... :P and it must be on the left side.
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Goddawn_Great_Sword
I'm not native english speaker so writing a long description is a pain, so everyone with literary ability can improve any poor description.
And just one question: on the top page where is a link like exp. Back to Places, i often write just Places so I don't
know what is better.
And for the tables of Merchants, is good to have a column with Barter gold.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

@Hey Roland,

don't worry about not being a native speaker. Neither me nor Shatar (Belgian) are:P Only Toxic and Hawk (temporarly unavailable) are natives . So they can always edit our texts. Well, when Hawk comes back, I guess it will be his prime assignment^

I take care mostly of Quest ( main quests at the moment).
Toxic- everything in a bit. And especially technical things.
Garnet- everything in a bit. I guess he uses Construction Set to get info :P
Shatar- at the moment busy in rl with some important exams.
Blink- vanished after new year :P
Hawk - no Internet connection at the moment. Should be soon in a few weeks.

Just choose that you feel like doing. I'm sometimes not in a mood to progress in the main quest so i explore a cave and write on wiki about it... Working on WIkia should be enjoyable, so I guess we won't impose anything on you:P

Great to have you among us :)
When it comes to technical things, only Shatar can grant special rights like Admin or Helper, so we will have to wait for him (Helper has very similar rights to Admin). He mentioned the exams somwhere in mid January, so he should be back in a week or two.

@Toxic!!
I believe in you ! Just implement whatever you want, and then we can discuss what to improve (if anything). There is always rollbacking option ;p

@Garnet
You have all this info form Consturction Set? Really informative template, would be great to have all weapons so detailed:P
Zuletzt geändert von kassandra am 10.01.2011 19:00, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

You have all this info form Consturction Set? Really informative template, would be great to have all weapons so detailed:P
Like the only Constructor for now this will be done until the TES VI release. :lol:
Sometimes I feel like I'm born with the CS. Everything that is not in CS doesn't exist. :)
In fact I'm a modder for long time, since Morrowind, so in some way a have a big respect
to the creators of Nehrim knowing how hard can be modding a simple mod, and a whole
game... that is incredible. There are places, quests, little details that you found and wonder
how they did it.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hey everyone,

@Garnet: I like the idea of this new infobox for weapons. It's easy and detailed. I'd suggest to put the Weapon Type in there too (one-h axe, two-h sword, bow, staff, etc.).

@Roland: You don't need to have English as your native language. If you think you have advanced English speaking skills, then you're more than welcome to spell check our articles. Translations are also appreciated (especially from German to English)!

I myself am Belgian, but my English speaking skills are pretty good if I say so myself. Aside from English I speak Dutch(native), French (still a little bit flawed :P), German (a little more than the basics) and even Spanish (though I haven't used it for a while now).

@Kassandra: Yes, I'm very busy :P. But I always try to check the forums at least once a day . My exams officially start next week 17 January and end 2 February. Then I have a week to de-stress. :)

Oh and I can't assign the 'Helpers', only admins, rollback and bureaucrats. 'Helpers' are Wikia Staff Members who volunteer to help on a Wiki if asked.

@ToxicCosmos: We hope you get better soon!

I'm going to bed now. I have a minor oral exam tomorrow, so wish me good luck. ^^
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Hope your orl exam went well, Shatar any Toxic, hope you're well^

Uh, you're right Shatar, about Wikia Helper. I'm a bit disappointed that there are only admins and bureaucrats(or somehting like this). Really hoped that there was a possibiliy to make a group like ' wiki helpers' that would be simply those who contribute regularly.

But we definitely have find a way to encourage people who want to join us and they do contribute.
1. Admins. I know that we can't make every active contirbutor an admin. Sadly, I do realize it. But Shatar, you can grant and remove inactive admins. I guess we need to decide when we remove admin rights and grant new ones. Or a limit of active admins. 5-6? And well, I guess people who already have SureAI accounts can be really trusted, I'm sure they wouldn't ruin Wikia intentionally :-)

2. I was thinking about creating a separate section ( one in qucik navigation or somewhere in a news section) about Wiki Help <-- here we would have this Wiki How-To , maybe a list of pages that are recommended to edit ( for instance side quests, as many people search for this info) and ... Credits <-- -a list of people who c contributed ( at least let's say 50 edits or whatever) to Wikia. So even if sometime in the future I become totally inactive and I'm not an admin anymore, I would be listed among Wikia contributors. Similarly, those who are not admins, would be still listed among ex-admins. Well, being an admin is not a big issue... Because now, to be honest, everyone except the admins are just anoynoums contributors. Their names could be find somewhere somehow in the page history only. I hope it is encouraging to be listed among Nehrim Wiki contributors, what do you think?

And Garnet, you're doing such a great work with this info about people, items... wow. I wasn't even aware that there was such information available somewhere:P

Btw... Do only I experience extreme lags on Wikia? The pages seem to load extremely long...
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am not quite sure how often I will find the time to contribute yet, but I will help out here and there.
I think I will start going through the german wiki (which is very inactive) and translate content to add it to the english wiki.

I started with the SureAI-page. Could somebody please check my text and give me a general feedback, because I honestly have no idea about how to style a wiki page.
Critcism is most welcome!

Regarding the Daedra-category:

I don' t see a systemic difference between (daedric) creatures and monsters if I leave the term daedric out.
Shadow form and chawchopper for example definitely belong in the same category.
So my idea is to incorporate them in the monster-category.
What do you think?

BTW, is there a tool that allows you to edit or create pages outside your browser? That would be helpful.

Roland
520 Beiträge Seite 19 von 52