Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 9 von 52
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Protect means was unable to upload screenshots to some quests and people pages!!!!!!!
Well maybe my fault somewhere!! On wiki I'm "TheHawkNe". When registering would not accept me as TheHawk (with password I had entered), said already taken.
But still, as registered on wiki, thought allowable to add screenshots to protected pages?
Will not have time now to do anymore.

Also have noticed, if anybody needs to find screenshot, it is a real pain. If search within slideshow will not find. Had to input search 4 times in normal gallery window to find.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

If i remember correctly, what Kassandra said, protected means only registered users, and not just anyone, can edit the page.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Yes, Himmelslicht is right.
You're admin Hawk, it's not in my power to block YOU^^
I use medium level of protection ' block new and unregistered users' and especially with articles that I regarded as 'finished' or 'almost finished'.
If we want to start 'advertising' Wikia on other games forums, as Blink mentioned before, I'm not even sure that this means of protection will be enough as some people might start deleting articles just for fun ? (hope it won't happen but people are unpredictable...). So I'm even thinking about giving maximum protection on walkthroughs - 'only admis can edit them' ( of course for finished articles only ) What do you think?

As for other sections, I guess simple 'rollbacking/undeleting' should work, but I don;t know how to odo it yet:P

As for the photo it appears there must be a problem on Wikia... Ixadias had similar problem and the pages he started editing are definitely unprotected.

PS. You can always unprotect te page and check if that was the problem.
To protect/unprotect a page, click the small arrow on the edit button to activate the dropdown menu.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hello,

Rollback right is not automatically granted to admins, I just noticed that. Do you want me to grant you rollback rights Kassandra?

Edit: I will also mark unfinished pages with the 'Stub' sign on top. 'Stub' means that the page is not yet complete and contibutions are needed there.
Zuletzt geändert von Shatar am 12.12.2010 10:47, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

There should be a Moderation page or something on the Wiki, where you can see ANY change done in the past time. As a admin you should have the rights to undo any evil done.
Im not sure uf this option exists, but there should be a way where changes have to be approved by a admin or something like that? Maybe that would be helpful.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Well... I guess the more of us have htis 'rollback' option, the better. I thought it was something that admins have:P Apparently not. So I guess it woud be good if all of us had this option.

And Shatar, did you make Arvisrend a Bureaucrat?
Hawk, I just read from Admin FAQ that admins can delete images. If the Wikia's database is so full of images, maybe not all of them are necessary?
And Himmelslicht, I haven't found anywhere that changes have to be accepted by anyone. Simply rollbacking/undeleting , blocking users, protecting.

Stub? I guess I don't have this one:P
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I'll grant all the admins the rollback option. And Arvisrend seems to be a bureaucrat already. Maybe Becca did this already.

A stub is a short article that can be expanded with more information on a subject by any user. To mark an article as a "stub" add the code {{stub}} to the end of any article. Hope that helps. ;)
Defianc4
Krieger
Krieger

I would love to pitch in a few articles.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Great :) Choose which sections you want to write articles in and a short how-to is here:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_How-To

If you have any more questions, ask here :)

EDIT: Ok guys and girls I edited more in Wiki How-to and this time on adding links. Hope it helps you. Took me some time to figure out why some obvious URLs weren't found by Wikia. I guess it's still a bit bugged. But I wrothe there a 'trick' so that the URLs can be found.

EDIT2: Wow, I just noticed something really strange. Any ideas WHY every new user on wiki gets an automatic message :"Welcome thank you for editing blah blah blah" nad it is... singned by ME !! I did't change anything :O I did the same message when I started editing from Bec. Why has it changed?
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

kassandra hat geschrieben:
EDIT2: Wow, I just noticed something really strange. Any ideas WHY every new user on wiki gets an automatic message :"Welcome thank you for editing blah blah blah" nad it is... singned by ME !! I did't change anything :O I did the same message when I started editing from Bec. Why has it changed?
I think it's a random automatic message which is signed by a random Admin. I saw the same message on another user's talk page, but it was signed by Blink.
520 Beiträge Seite 9 von 52