Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 7 von 52
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Thabnks Himmelslicht! Already updated the quest info. And great news ! Becca (the original admin of the Wikia) is back and willing to help up :) And I can see that Nagnorg started editing something - if you need any help with editing, write here or email me.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

kassandra hat geschrieben:
Thabnks Himmelslicht! Already updated the quest info. And great news ! Becca (the original admin of the Wikia) is back and willing to help up :) And I can see that Nagnorg started editing something - if you need any help with editing, write here or email me.
Haha, that's really a coincidence, since I saw that he/she was exactly inactive for two months. And I already wrote a request on the Adoption page. I guess I'll write that the problem is solved now. :)

Cheers
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Maybe it would still be a good idea to assign a second admin for cases like this. Not everyone is available every day.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Yes, Becca has already made me and Hawk admins, but soon Shatar and Blink will join the group.
Something that I find a bit confusing is that I ,as an admin, can't grant any administrative rights to anyone. I guess it's only up to the 'founder' (Becca). Or by applying via Wiki Support.
But during the weekend I hope we will focus a bit on protecting the page. I already protected some pages( those finished) so that they can be edited only by registered users.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote

It makes sense that not every admin got the same right. There are probably different right sets, such as full rights, promoting rights, editing rights(typically referred to as Moderator) etc. Are there different levels of users?
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Yes.. .there are. At the moment it seems a bit compliceted to me:P
I guess even Becca is not aware of something:) The difference between Admin and a Bureaucrat . Actually, I guess Bureaucrats have got the 'highest' power as they can grant/ remove administrator status. And one person can be both an Admin and a Bureaucrat.

Some links for you (if you're interested in reading it, as it's a bit longish:P) and of course for Shatar, Hawk, Blink :
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Admin_FAQ
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Admin ... rat_Status
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Burea ... w-to_guide
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Help:User_access_levels

As I understand Bureaucrats are 'trusted' admins with more power. So I guess we would like Arvisrend to accept his role as a Bureaucratsto grant someody Admin rights in case we disappeared:P
bec82
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi all,
Sorry about all the complications that you guys had to go through before I noticed the wiki was getting some action. I'm not super protective about this wiki project (Mine, mine, mine!), so if people want extra privileges, i.e. admin, staff, whatever, let me know.

I've added Kassandra1, TheHawkNe, Shatar0, Blink1, and Arvisrend as administrators, and Shatar0 as bureaucrat, as well. I don't care if anyone of you guys want to be bureaucrat as well, just let me know. Or Shatar0 too, since he/she has bureaucrat power now.

It was actually fortuitous that I got on just as the time was up. Nothing sinister, just a fortunate coincidence. :) Bwahahahaha! Actually, I'm so glad more people are interested in getting this project going.

As far as what I'm interested in doing, I'd like to be involved with editing, organizing, and overall management.

Also, the forum over at the wiki kind of sucks. It's really hard to follow and reply. (Well, not difficult per se, but not smooth and intuitive.) Is this thread going to be the more active one?
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Hey Becca!
You don't realize how actually YOU starting the wiki contributed to this whole project:P Don't underestimate yourself. If it hadn't been for you, I' not sure if Shatar would have started it totally alone. I saw him editing some small sections on your page and then I stared doing it myself and.... and for some time it was only me and Shatar editing:P It was getting so sloooooooooooow. Then asked for some help here and Hawk and Blink joined us.

And it's really great to have one more person to take care of the Wikia :)

As for the forum... yeah , the Wikia one is horrible. Fortunately, SureAI don't mind our 'spamming' here, so some general things can be discussed here I guess. But on Wikia forum we can at least have one 'article' per one topic and here it will be difficult, if you know what I mean:P
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
Also, the forum over at the wiki kind of sucks. It's really hard to follow and reply.
Left message on t'other forum over this (amongst other stuff), under "talk" thread. Need someone to implement new forum template is basically what I said.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote

Youre only starting spamming when you write contentless posts. Also its some great advertisement, isnt it?
520 Beiträge Seite 7 von 52