Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 5 von 52
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

I have no intention of tackling too many walkthroughs, especially seeing how damn good yours have been.

Although when next update out and I play through again would love too take some really decent screenshots too add to your pages. :)
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hello,

Good news! I finally got a response from the Wikia support concerning our inactive admin!!
Hi Tom,

Thanks for contacting Wikia with your question. Once the admin has been inactive for 60 days, the Wiki is eligible for adoption. If there are several members active, then a discussion should be held to decide who will become the new admin(s). Then you can make a request at:
http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Communi ... n_requests

That page has a complete list of the adoption criteria as well. Good luck!

cheers,
Wendy aka Merrystar
Wikia Community Support
Ask a question at http://forums.wikia.com
On 10 December 2010, Bec 82 will be inactive for two months, since his last contribution was on 10 October 2010. In the meantime, we can discuss which one of us will be admin for Nehrim Wiki. When the majority has made a decision, the candidate can request adoption at the site mentioned above. That page consists of a rather large list of other adoption requests.

Cheers
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Great job, Shatar!
So they do confirm that there can be more than one admin.
That would mean that we can choose the 'head' admin and I think Hawk or you would be ideal, as both of you seem to know the a lot about technical issues. I would rather not interfere with these, as I've already messed up a little :P
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hehe, don't be to harsh for yourself kassandra. You're also doing a really great job on the Wiki by providing a lot of information for us! :D
(how the pages are organised is just a small and less important matter :P)

About managing as an admin: it's not that hard I guess. Those who aren't skilled with admin rights can read the admin guide on Wikia's main site. (I'll study that a bit next to my other studies xD)

Cheers
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
Glad you said that first Shatar ( I might come across as being too nice otherwise :lol: ). I think we have all made a few mistakes. All easy to put right.

Have to put this here for Arvisrend. Great re-work of my attempted walkthrough, very impressed and thankful. More used to writing poetry and short stories with totally ambiguous words and meanings. So writing walkthrough/manual my mind wande............ where was I?
oh yes. Cheers
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Wow thanks guys, I may seem a bit insecure as these are my first 'official' writings in English and actually approved by the natives! Luckily for me Hawk, I am not able to produce any poetry with ambiguous meanings in English, haha.
But still it's great that you did these walkthroughs Hawk. It's much easier to edit than write, so it saves us all a lot of time.

And yes, I know I'm saying it again, but thank you for helping us Arvisrend.
( I hope I'm not TOO nice. How can one be too nice, Hawk?:P)
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hey all,

I was planning on putting a "stats" sub-section on the "People" (NPC's) that I edited and was wondering where you all think it should go? I had initially put it under "description," and I think that would probably be fine for minor NPC's who don't have lengthy descriptions, but I was looking at the very well done page on Narathzul Arantheal, with all of that descriptive info on him, and I was thinking that perhaps just sticking a "stats" sub-section into the "description" of a major NPC, like I was initially going to do, would look.... inelegant. So, in the interest of consistency, I was wondering if we could all come to a consensus as to where to put the stats sub-section. I was thinking of sticking the characters stats in the "Notes" section for each character. What do you all think? I really have no preference except that, like I said, I think it perhaps sticks out badly in the descriptions of major NPC's and thus, the way I was initially going to do it, is inelegant.

BTW, if anyone is wondering how I got the Stats of the NPC's, I did it by finding them and then casting that "Voodoo Eye" spell on them. I would guess we could do it with the Construction Set also but it was just easier for me to do it in-game. I can't remember where I bought the Voodoo Eye spell though.
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Another thought I had was that, once you all have decided on an administrator(s) to oversee the Nehrim Wiki site, I think it might be a good idea if we begin to "advertise" it a bit. Not with the intention of getting page hits or anything...lol. But rather to get some more help editing it! There are at least a few gaming forums that I run across from time to time that have Nehrim threads on them with people asking questions. I just think it might be smart to visit the English speaking gaming forums that already have a bit of a Nehrim presence and let the forum members know that there is a Nehrim Wiki and that it needs contributors.

I would not advertise, however, until there is a Wiki administrator or administrators in place to deal with potential problem people who would edit the Wiki in a bad way just for their own amusement.

Just a thought anyway.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

kassandra hat geschrieben:
Wow thanks guys, I may seem a bit insecure as these are my first 'official' writings in English and actually approved by the natives!
English is not my native language by the way. (I'm Belgian :P )
blink hat geschrieben:
I was planning on putting a "stats" sub-section on the "People" (NPC's) that I edited and was wondering where you all think it should go? I had initially put it under "description," and I think that would probably be fine for minor NPC's who don't have lengthy descriptions, but I was looking at the very well done page on Narathzul Arantheal, with all of that descriptive info on him, and I was thinking that perhaps just sticking a "stats" sub-section into the "description" of a major NPC, like I was initially going to do, would look.... inelegant. So, in the interest of consistency, I was wondering if we could all come to a consensus as to where to put the stats sub-section. I was thinking of sticking the characters stats in the "Notes" section for each character. What do you all think? I really have no preference except that, like I said, I think it perhaps sticks out badly in the descriptions of major NPC's and thus, the way I was initially going to do it, is inelegant.

BTW, if anyone is wondering how I got the Stats of the NPC's, I did it by finding them and then casting that "Voodoo Eye" spell on them. I would guess we could do it with the Construction Set also but it was just easier for me to do it in-game. I can't remember where I bought the Voodoo Eye spell though.

You could make an independent 'Stats' section on the page? Maybe above 'Notes' or something? Just my oppinion. :wink:
If I'm correct, then you could get the Voodoo Eye spell from several spell trainers.
blink hat geschrieben:
Another thought I had was that, once you all have decided on an administrator(s) to oversee the Nehrim Wiki site, I think it might be a good idea if we begin to "advertise" it a bit. Not with the intention of getting page hits or anything...lol. But rather to get some more help editing it! There are at least a few gaming forums that I run across from time to time that have Nehrim threads on them with people asking questions. I just think it might be smart to visit the English speaking gaming forums that already have a bit of a Nehrim presence and let the forum members know that there is a Nehrim Wiki and that it needs contributors.

I would not advertise, however, until there is a Wiki administrator or administrators in place to deal with potential problem people who would edit the Wiki in a bad way just for their own amusement.
Great idea! If by any chance there are some vandals messing up our pages, those with admin right can ban them and revert any changes done to a page (or even lock a page, so it can't be edited freely).

Cheers
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Hm I didn't knoe Voodoo Eye show hp but good to know I have to start using it soon.
As for the stats- maybe we can put it before description ? It doesn't look that bad, I guess : http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Aspheron
And Blink, next time you enter Wiki click on community button (above pages counter) -->forums

And yes, we definitely would need more people to speed up at least the quests section as Hawk will be leaving us for a few weeks soon :P
520 Beiträge Seite 5 von 52