Beginning of Chpt. 3 question

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hello all,

First, I am obviously new here and want to give a shout out to the SureAI team. This "mod" is incredible. Simply incredible. To call it a mod is to do it a huge injustice actually. Thank you all so much for putting in the time and the effort.

Edit to add: HA! Right after I wrote the following, I went back to that section of the game, tried again and figured it out..lol. So, I don't really need an answer anymore. That's funny.

Now on to my question:
[+]
Ok, so at the beginning of Chapter 3 when you are supposed to free the main dude and you get to the chamber with the three Seraphim and their ethereal protectors, what exactly is the correct or intended way to defeat those spectral protectors? The reason I ask the question this way is because I have defeated them (twice now) but I am almost positive I've been doing it the bootleg way...lol. I am playing a stealthy, archer type and so when I first saw them through the corridor I tried an arrow from distance on the Seraphim and receive no joy. So I tried attacking one of their spectral minions and was able to damage it. It proceeded to run me down back into the corridor and onto the small platform and when I switched to my sword, a message popped up that spells and weapons couldn't hurt them. So, fighting for my life I switched to hand-to-hand combat of all things and was able to beat the minion off the small platform, where it fell to it's death. This is what I did with the rest of them..lol. Lure them back to the platform, one by one, and beat on them until the went over the edge. Then I was able to easily kill off the three Seraphim. Now, that cannot be the "correct" or intended way to defeat those beasts, right?

So, what is the correct way? It just occurred to me that my Bow ignores normal weapon resistance and my sword may not and that may be all it is but the message that pops up in the update plainly says that neither weapons nor spells will defeat them and you need something to the effect of "more powerful arcane energy" or something. What did everyone else do to defeat them? I am just curious. My way works and I am going to play that section a few more times in a effort to figure it out but I am just curious.
Thanks in advance for any responses. And once again thanks to the SureAI team for a fantastic game.
micalov
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

[+]
get them to cross the streams of lightning holding the door inplace
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1