Soul of the Sword bug/broken 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
whiskeyjack105
Bettler
Bettler

I may have really messed things up this time and its a bit of my fault

I'm at the part of the quest where the photophobic creature comes into the big area with all the pillars shortly before the sword chamber
I kill the creature with the light switch but then Naz just stands there by the gate he originally came through and just doesn't move. Doesn't move up ahead to the chamber and the invisible wall never lets me pass into the area with the sword. Even using TCL doesn't help me as he needs to pick it up

I didnt have any saves backed up just the one save. What console command can I use? I got the key from the creature and opened the gate I just need Naz to move on to the next part but he refuses. I even 'kill' with console and waited for him to revive and he still just stands there
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

(ok, you probably realized why there's an autosave feature)

could you upload a save please? they're located in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Saves we'll need both the *.ess and the *.obse.
did you use any cheats or mods before that part?
we can't promise anything though, it's more than possible that we can't "fix" the save :(
so you may want to look into restoring the savefiles, if possible.
whiskeyjack105
Bettler
Bettler

No console commands except tcl
I may have used a kill command on this save i'm not sure. thats literally it though! frustrating.

I have the saves ready to go, do you have an email I can send them to or a website I can use to upload them?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

you can simply attach them to a post here :)
(below the text field should be an option for "attachments")
whiskeyjack105
Bettler
Bettler

So after I made my last post I decided to give it another go around. I load my save and for some reason the photophobic creature's corpse is there! (It had been gone from my recent saves. I assumed it despawned seeing as I waited several days in game to get NA to change his behavior.

I gave him the old ressurect command on console and wen through the process of bringing him into the light and murdering him again. This time NA wen through his correct dialogue and followed me to the sword chamber

Huzzah! Just got to Cahbaet on horseback with him and now I'm officially the farthest in the game i've ever been

Thanks for your help. Your dedication was admirable but I'm proud to say I figured it out with minimal assistance =)
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

thats awesome :thumbsup:

(but, please keep more than one save in the future :( ? )
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1