npc's for main quest dont have dialogue when i interact with them

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
venepskeuten
Bettler
Bettler

Whenever i try to speak with an npc for the main quest (essential npc's) they wont have any dialogue.
Whenever I interact with them, some weird dialogue-like screen comes up showing the letter zero before it promptly screws off after clicking once. im at the part where i have reached the sanctum (i used some commands to get past the high priest at the abby since he showed the same issue)
I can interact with normal npc's and the side-quests work fine.

any idea as to what might have caused this and how to fix it?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Most of the time it helps to load an older save (before the problem), if not, , we have to look inside.

To do this we would have to look at your savegame to see the exact problem, but definitely a save before any cheats were used.
Cheats could permanently damage the game, which is not always immediately apparent.

Can you please upload your saved game? these are located in (...\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Saves)
We need the -.obse- and the -.ess file.
Because -.obse cannot be uploaded directly, it is best to put both files in an archive ( e.g. zip/raw/7z ) and then attach them here below.

Please check Nerim install with Steam. Before it is important to switch to Oblivion! and after the repair first restart steam,
then switch back to Nehrim.

If you have any mods installed? Iif yes, try to disable them (or better uninstall them) and try again.
Incompatible mods can damage the game also.

What language do you have installed, English or another?
venepskeuten
Bettler
Bettler

To answer your questions:
-No mods installed
-Language is english
-already tried loadign older save

I will upload the save but some cheats were used because nessecity demanded it.
Dateianhänge
Save archive.zip
the obse and ess file
(650.65 KiB) 61-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)

the issue persists if we load your save, and we can't seem to fix it :/
(the next mainquest stage is "completed" in your journal and the followup didn't activate.
doing that via console doesn't get Vanmiria to talk either)
so you will loose some stuff/time/level.

if I understood you correctly the priest was the first person that didn't speak to you. (and the people in the prologue/mine did)
load a save before you get to him, excellent would be one before you get the last update in the "Journey to the Abbey" - Quest,
but at least one outside the Abbey.

before playing from there let Steam check the gamefiles, as Stefanie described (really, switch to Oblivion beforehand).

then check if the priest wants to speak with you. if it still doesn't work upload a save (from outside the abbey), and we see what we can do :)

hope that helps!
venepskeuten
Bettler
Bettler

id love to try but i dont have any saves before i talked to the priest since i never have more than 3 main saves that i save, so i think i'll have to start a new game. Even so, thanks for the help.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

that's unfortunate :(

I had that happen in the past, don't know if it's an issue with the savegame or the installation.
so it would be good to reinstall the game to make sure everything goes smoothly.

good luck :)
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1