Stuck on The Liberation: Arantheal won't talk? 

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SoxxoxSmox
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi! I've been playing Nehrim a lot and I am loving it so far! Unfortunately, I've hit what appears to be a bug in the main story and can't figure out how to continue.

In The Liberation, I followed Arantheal to Mortram and killed all the baddies there quickly. As soon as I killed the last one, Arantheal ran into the center of the town followed by his soldiers and then stopped. He wouldn't say anything about regrouping with the others or anything like that. He remains still, his sword drawn, doing nothing. If I talk to him, he gives a comment about "remember, this is for the freedom of the people" or something.

I am fairly confident I killed all the enemy soldiers, and certainly can't find any nearby: I walked all over the town perimeter and through all the buildings and encountered nobody. However, Arantheal is acting as if he's waiting for me to kill more.

I tried to circumnavigate the problem by setting the quest stage ahead to 25, and at first it seemed to work: Arantheal and his soldiers headed back to Castle Darlan, but then they just stood in the gates and did nothing. I can't find Callisto or Tarenor nearby, and if they are nearby, Arantheal won't talk to them.

Unfortunately, I don't have a save from before I killed the soldiers, at least not one that isn't from several days ago, so I can't go back and choose to storm the castle instead.

Any suggestions for how to fix this? Attached is my save file if it helps.
Dateianhänge
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

can you load an earlier save?
Calisto should be with you, but is nowhere to be found :?:
(that seems to be the reason for the plotstopper)

(do you have any mods installed? Nehrim warns me, but that could be the translation that's missing)

I can give you a list of console commands that continue the quest,
but I can't guarantee that you won't run into further problems down the road though

if you really don't have other saves
[+] +
open the console, type one line after the other
- prid 1D7E39 (you should see Calisto "selected" on top of the screen)
- moveto player (Calisto appears next to you)
- setstage MQ18 49 (Questupdate)
- setstage MQ18 50 (Questupdate, and Quest really continues)
hope that helps :)
SoxxoxSmox
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Your fix worked great! Thank you :)
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

nice, good to know :thumbsup:
then let's hope it keeps on working ;)
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1