Moderator: Moderatoren

27 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3
Holomay
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 44 Mal

The 100th Magic Symbol ... it's a very persistent rumor. :)

There are only 99 Magic Symbols in Nehrim 1.5.0.5 (DE) and Nehrim 1.5.0.8 (EN)! There's no Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls! It seems that there once was a 100th Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls in some patch between 1.5.0.0 and the latest patches, but it is not there anymore.
badgesareus hat geschrieben:
All 100 magic symbols are available in the game now.
Hey badgesareus, can you please tell me your source? :) Is there still an old Nehrim Wiki article where a 100th Symbol is mentioned? And are you sure that you found a Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls? I guess it was in a pre-1.5.0.8-game?
Daniel hat geschrieben:
after spending 2-3 days going through all the 100 locations listed on wikia
Hey Daniel, can you also tell me your source? :) Where on Wikia (=Nehrim Wiki, right?!) did you find a list with 100 Symbols? This article only lists 99 Symbols:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Symbols

For the Symbol hidden in the Nexus Planetarium, have a look at this map:
http://images.wikia.com/nehrim/images/f ... um_map.jpg
You can find the Symbol at a stone near the entrance to the Research Chamber. You can see the stone on the map, just above the "Cha" of "Research Chamber".

If you want to find a Magic Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls, you can download my little Plugin from this thread. Thus, you'll be able to get 100 Symbols and the respective EP reward. :wink:
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Holomay hat geschrieben:
The 100th Magic Symbol ... it's a very persistent rumor. :)
I was following the wikia* guide that you linked, and indeed it only has 99 but according to badge's posts I assumed there were 100, so I wrote (for unknown reason, prolly just stupid/tired) 100 x list in that post. :) Anywho, do you know if it's possible to see which one that I might have missed? If I have 98.. that means I'm 1 symbol off of the 99 official max. Frustrating! :(
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

There are 100 magic symbols, I have found them all (twice!). The wiki does not list the one in Iron Fire Halls. The only way I know of to determine which one you have missed is to use the wiki list and recheck every location. Maybe the Devs can offer some way to check the files.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

Can you provide us with a screenshot, please? I cannot find it, no matter how much I search. :(
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

We need DEV help! I went to one of my old, lower level save games where I had not already collected all the magic symbols. As I was at level 7, I used "god" mode to travel to Iron Fire Halls and make my way to the Giant blacksmith ("the Smelter"), and by golly, there was no magic symbol there! I know it was there after English patch 1.5.0.5, but apparently it disappeared somehow by the time patch 1.5.0.8 came out, and the automatic updater automatically updated my files to 1.5.0.8.
EDIT: I checked my download files and it looks like I updated to English 1.5.0.6, not 1.5.0.5, and found the 100th magic symbol after that update.
Dateianhänge
Nehrim100MagicSymbols.JPG
Holomay
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 44 Mal

Hey badgesareus,
... I used "god" mode to travel to Iron Fire Halls and make my way to the Giant blacksmith ("the Smelter"), and by golly, there was no magic symbol there! I know it was there (...) but apparently it disappeared somehow by the time patch 1.5.0.8 came out
that's exactly the phenomenon I described in my post above: ;-)
Holomay hat geschrieben:
There are only 99 Magic Symbols in Nehrim 1.5.0.5 (DE) and Nehrim 1.5.0.8 (EN)! There's no Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls! It seems that there once was a 100th Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls in some patch between 1.5.0.0 and the latest patches, but it is not there anymore.
It's good to have it confirmed by someone who actually has found the Magic Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls while it was there! You have taken advantage of the window of opportunity with two different characters which now have a Magic Symbol count of 100.

Players like Daniel who have not found the Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls before patch 1.5.0.8 will not be able to reach a Magic Symbol count of 100. That's why I posted the 100th Magic Symbol Plugin in this thread - a similar discussion about the number of Magic Symbols in the German forum. I made it as a gimmick, but there seems to be quite a demand by thorough players. :-)

As for help ... there's nothing more that can be done right now. If you open the 1.5.0.8 game files with the Construction Set, you can see that the activator named "NehrimSymbol" has a use count of 99. The Nehrim Wiki article exactly lists these places. The loss of the Symbol in the Iron Fire Halls is one of the little bugs that still persist in the latest version of Nehrim. As the development of Enderal is the main priority, the if and when of an actual patch that addresses these issues is unclear.

@Daniel: Are you still searching for the 99th Magic Symbol or have you managed to find all the Symbols that actually exist in 1.5.0.8? There is a method to determine which Symbols you have found so far, and it is faster than visiting each single location again, but it needs some preparation. So please let me know if you're still stuck with 98 Symbols. :-)
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

Yes, Holomay, I am still stuck with the 98 symbols.. I have not attempted any further searches since I completed the 100-location-search as it was just too much to go through those places again. Do you want me to upload my save file? :)

Do you think that SureAI can complete the 100 symbols with your addition in the Iron Fire Halls in a future patch? :) (not this year, after Enderal)

Good to have the myth busted. :mrgreen:
Dateianhänge
Save 413 - Daniel - Nehrim, Level 48, Playing Time 152.51.30.ess
Latest save! Level 48, 98/99 symbols!
(6.25 MiB) 164-mal heruntergeladen
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

I doubt SureAI will worry about the 100th magic symbol. I know nothing about making mods, but I wonder if someone with experience making mods could make a mod that would recreate the 100th magic symbol in Iron Fire Halls and adjust the counter appropriately.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

I doubt SureAI will worry about the 100th magic symbol. I know nothing about making mods, but I wonder if someone with experience making mods could make a mod that would recreate the 100th magic symbol in Iron Fire Halls and adjust the counter appropriately.
Are you posting without reading previous posts? :lol:

That's just what Holomay has done! He even linked to the mod he made that adds it! See this thread.

We'll see. I will never take anything they do for granted, but they have shown they care about the community so somewhere down the road if they still have the stuff installed I think we'll get one last patch with final translations of everything forgotten. :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Are you posting without reading previous posts? :lol:

That's just what Holomay has done! He even linked to the mod he made that adds it! See this thread.
I only read English, so I don't pay much attention to links to the Nehrimese-language posts as I can't read it. In any event, I've already found it before the Star People stole it from Iron Fire Halls and it is now hidden in Fat Erwin!
27 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3