A GERMANIC FEEL, AND A GOOD ONE!

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
BurningChrome
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Besides the obvious, that it was a German team that created this masterpiece and of course, it`s in German, there is a very Germanic feel to this game that puts it far above any other RPG. First, the general theme running through the storyline concerning predestination versus free will, with Fate thrown into the mix reminds me strongly of Wagnerian opera, especially the monumental four-opera cycle, "Der Ring des Nibelungen." I can almost hear the "Ride Of The Valkryies" thundering through some of the grander scenes, while Kim`s unspoken love for the player`s character could be considered to be along the lines of "Tannhäuser." Also, the works and ideas of Friedrich Nietzsche seem to be woven into the tale. Nietzsche spoke of "the death of God", (the Light-Born), the "will to power", (an ordinary man willing to fight the Gods), and the "Übermensch", or "Over-Human", (NOT Superman as many have thought), Over-Human here referring to the Shadow-God that ***SPOILER*** the player eventually becomes. On a totally different note, the architecture and landscape are quintessentially Germanic. The overall Gothic feel to the structures, the houses, etc. seem to come right out of the German heartland, while the landscapes feel more European, mountainous and diverse than Oblivion ever did. (Of course, it`s called Bethesda because they are in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, which is pretty much what the majority of Oblivion looks like, lol). So, am I full of crap, or does any of this make sense?
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

isn't "Ride Of The Valkryies" from the movie "Apocalypse now"? :lol:
You are right, maybe middle Europe style. The towns and villages use the models of a Austrian modder "mr_siika" - http://tesnexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=112530. All domestic animals are his creations. The villages in Nehrim looks like real lively medieval places, with chicken, pigs and dirty piles of you know already what.
With great landscape, amazing dungeons, there is a great story, never seen in a video game. The very well developed complex character of Arantheal and Arkt, the poor Kim who didn't know fight for his love and punished for this, there are all things that can be hard to forget.
Sometimes when reloading Oblivion, it seems a empty world (really don't want to blame Bethesda because they don't know that farmers have chickens too).
BurningChrome
Schurke
Schurke

I know, right? I don`t think I`ll ever be able to play Oblivion again after this! But that`s okay, I`ve pre-ordered Skyrim! :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

The towns and villages use the models of a Austrian modder "mr_siika"
Yes! I knew it! I saw Julie Andrews in the Erothin farm, singing loudly! :lol:
BurningChrome
Schurke
Schurke

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
The towns and villages use the models of a Austrian modder "mr_siika"
Yes! I knew it! I saw Julie Andrews in the Erothin farm, singing loudly! :lol:
Were the hills alive with the sound of music? :lol: :lol: :lol:
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Yes, "Smashing Pumpkins" -- looking for the hollow one!
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1