Finishing the Translation

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Thomas Kaira
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I'm unsure of what exactly the 1.5 update is going to entail for Nehrim EV, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I am intent on making sure the English translation for Nehrim (at least, sparing the voice work) gets completed, and have recently taken it upon myself to get the various names and documents that are still in German translated over. The goal is to create a definitive, professional translation for everything not yet done with proper syntax and grammar and basically make it look like everything was written as natively English as possible.

If this project of mine were to be finished, would you guys be willing to take a look at it, or if need be, provide me with permission to upload it to other download mirrors?
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

Sure, would be cool to have really everything translated to English. Especially the untranslated books are a big thing. I recommend you to do an seperate esp with your translation bases on the NehrimEnglish.esp. It is the best way if you want start right now. In the end we can merge it with the NehrimEnglish.esp.
Thomas Kaira
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the reply. :)

I'm probably going to put that ESP up to the general public as the Unofficial Nehrim Translation for now so that I can have more people than just myself hunting down what else needs to be translated. That way, when it comes time for me to send along the updated plugin, we will have minimized the chances of something being missed.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Hi Thomas, here is the most recent version of NehrimEnglish.esp (it is a bit newer than the one in the 1.1.1.1 patch). It would be good if you use that as a starting point.
Dateianhänge
NehrimEnglish.zip
NehrimEnglish.esp zipped as of July 2011
(1.88 MiB) 384-mal heruntergeladen
Thomas Kaira
Bettler
Bettler

Most of the stuff I've been working on still doesn't look like it has been worked on yet, based on what I have seen from that plugin. I haven't really done much to the already translated items, but rather I was concentrating on the items that were still in German.

In any case, I think I'm nearly finished with those. I just need to wait to hear back from my helper on a few notes that I wasn't able to understand very well, and things should be in good shape. Once that's done I'll be going through everything to check for quality and if anything got missed, and once that is done, I'll send it on for you to look over, as well as upload it to various English modding sites as a supplemental plugin to the current English translation (you'll still need the original NehrimEnglish.ESP to use it, of course). :)

EDIT: By the way, this translation project is going to include translating the static notes (like the Magic Ban notices, for instance). I'm accomplishing this by creating a new book record for the ones to be translated, and then supplying a replacement mesh with collision mapping so that you can "click" on them to read the translated version (so I don't have to fiddle with the resources too much).

The magic ban notes also have a script attached to them which should make them disappear once MQ19 is completed.
Thomas Kaira
Bettler
Bettler

Okay, the Nehrim English Supplemental is now live at TES Nexus. and TES Alliance.

Nexus download: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39736

This should allow me to get some reports on anything that might have been missed. I'll let you guys know once I am sure everything has been translated.

ANOTHER EDIT: For the next version, I would like to merge the old English Hotfix plugin into this one so that it won't be needed anymore. Are you OK with this?
Thomas Kaira
Bettler
Bettler

One more question: for the next version, I would like to merge the contents of the English hotfix plugin into this one so to consolidate all of the translation work into a single ESP. Would this be alright with you?
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

Thomas, hello and excellent job! Could you update your ESP to work with the latest patches, since the new translations were lost after the installation?
Holomay
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 44 Mal

Are Thomas Kaira's translations included in 1.5.0.8 (EN), or are there plans to merge them into an upcoming patch?
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

As far as I know they are not included, since there is a ton of stuff in German that's not new. AS for future plans... No idea.
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2