Faltrin Fortress

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Semil
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Having a few issues with this Fortress.

Now, to give some background, I'm not 100% if it's the fortress itself, or my install. The game was working great, then one fine day, upon booting up my PC, it suddenly asked me for my Oblivion disc. It's never done this before. I put it in, and everything went fine. Nehrim loaded up, etc. However, it seems now (maybe it was always like this and I didn't notice,) my save files are named per session. What I mean is, instead of me loading up Save 8, and then saving again with Save 9, Save 8 becomes Save 1 if it's my first save that game session. It continues to rise (Save 2, 3, etc) until I reload the game, then it starts back at 1.

That's one issue, another is that I'm starting to run into books what are in German. Most of the books are still in English, but maybe 1 in 10 or so is still in German.

Now to the real issue.

I went into Faltrin Fortress, and killed everything I could, and then I went to the basement. Before going to the room with the skeleton (behind the Large Wooden Door,) I heard fighting on the other side. I go through the door, and the skeleton is one hit away from death. Hmm, ok. I finish it off, and then I notice I'm taking damage. There's something invisible which I can't target that keeps attacking me. I looked the fortress up on the wiki, and saw no mention of anything invisible. I promptly ran out and closed the gate behind me, locking whatever is hitting me on the other side. Whatever it is seems to have projectile attacks, as until I go up the stairs to get out of the line of sight, I keep taking damage.

Is this normal? Am I to look for a "See Invisible" spell, or is there an issue with my game?
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

1) I can't help you with the savegame problem, but if I had to take a guess, I'd say that your Windows UAC is not allowing your Oblivion/Nehrim to store its configuration files (including the one which says which number your savegame is) in the folder where you want them to be saved. Have you installed Oblivion/Nehrim in a UAC-protected folder like "C:\Program Files"?

2) Do you have a savegame with the invisible attacker in Faltrin?
There should be nothing invisible there, but sometimes NPCs/creatures can spawn outside of the level and attack you "through the wall". This might be such a case.
Semil
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I installed into D:\Games\Nehrim. I try to keep C:\ clear of anything non-OS as it's a solid state.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second bit, but all savegames are now post-visit to the fortress. I don't have any pre-visit saves. I've tried saving in the fortress, closing the game, and loading again, but the invisible attacker is still there. Is there a no-clip cheat or a god-mode cheat I can use to get past that one section? I think the rest of the game is fine, more or less, as I've had no major issues, but I don't think I'll be able to swim through the water and fight the boss with this invisible jerk poking me the whole way.

*EDIT* Now that I thought about what you meant by the second bit, I assume you want a save game so you can load it and take a look. I'll go back to the fortress, and if the invisible attacker is still there, I'll save the game and find a way to get it to you.

*EDIT2* I was unable to recreate the issue! I'm fairly happy about this. I went back to the fortress, and the guy was no longer invisible. He was now a fully visible pickpocket. I killed him, then the boss. All issues seem to have disappeared!
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1