Can I be a goody two shoes pure warrior?

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Soprano187
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi all!

First off let me just say - this game seems to be absolutely brilliant so far.

Also can we keep spoilers out of any answers you have - try and be crafty in your wording.
Ok so I'm new to this game (and forum) and have a few questions before I start investing some serious time into it. So far I have just taken a ride across a lake near the start of the game.

Is it possible to go through the game without using magic? The stage I am at, I am aware of how the use of magic is perceived by others in authority, and I feel like I am being pushed to go against them. I don't want to. Can I play like that?

Also, I feel that I haven't been as good as I'd have liked. Is there no other way to progress without assaulting someone at the start? I have seen others talk of a thug achievement and feel this is inconsistent with a goody two shoes guy.

Also, upon levelling, I have been putting points in strength and endurance because I'm a warrior but also personality because I'm trying to be the brute warrior hero everyone likes. Now I'm hoping the skills are used more effectively than in Oblivion, so am I using level up points fine or are they being wasted on an attribute that really doesn't have much of an effect really, other than whether NPCs smile at you? I.e is there loads of opportunities to use personality to progress?

Simple answers are fine, like "yes you didnt look hard enough to progress without assaulting someone" or "yes personality is not a waste of points because of opportunities later in the game" or "yes you can be a pure warrior without using magic". I don't really wanna spoil anything

Thanks for any help! And thank you to any of the team out there for this game!!!!
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hi!
1) Yes, you can play without giving points/attributes to magic. Or even buying spells. However, sometimes in the Main Quest you will be asked to use a spell given to you by a NPC.
2) I don't think the game forces you into being a bully. As far as I remember, you choose. There are various achievements in the game, and sometimes it is impossible to collect all of them in just one playthrough. When you finish the game, you can always check on the Wiki:)
3) I can't answer the question with personality. I think its use is similar to Oblivion, but it's just a hunch.

Hope I didn't spoil much:)
Good luck and enjoy your game!
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Personality is pretty much useless in Nehrim. Disposition can give bonuses on buying/selling prices, but personality does not affect disposition in Nehrim (since if it would, it would screw up combat mechanics...).
Soprano187
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Ok thanks both, that's cool.

What I meant about the thug assault thing is that as far as I understand it, you have to commit the 1 assault to progress from the starter area. But now I've been playing for a while (level 5 now) I can see it's not gonna be a big deal.

About the personality, yeah it could screw up combat if even bad guys liked you too much. All I meant was, maybe there were times where you could, say, acquire extra help from a castle's guard, or royalty, during a quest, if you had high enough personality.

Man this game is so Epic!! I would quite happily pay for it! Hope Skyrim is this good!
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1