Why does it end like this ?! Why, Why ?!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

16 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Vizwind
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I just finished the main quest of Nehrim plus a dozen of side quests. I appreciate this game very much, from the scenic design, original music, well twisted quests.
[+]
Everything is just fantastic. But the ending just disappoints me by letting Kim die without logic reasoning. Besides Kim is a charming girl with a miserable background, without parents, slaved by some villains. I wish I could save and protect her.

SureAI, you make a big mistake here, as a fan of this game, I plea you change this part of the ending! Please, let our Kim back!!
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Plese use spoiler tags. There are players here who havent seen this part of Nehrim yet, and we dont want to take their fun.

There have been many complaints about it, and there are MODs out there to change this. But i doubt it will ever be changed by the Nehrim Team, the story just is like that.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Some huge spoilers!
[+]
Well, actually, my husband thinks that the game has quite a happy ending. You achieved what Narathzul or you wanted. Narathzul does find some peace, finally.
He was expecting something like being defeated by Fate in the end ( when I told him that the ending is quite sad.)

Well, Nehrim has a structure of a classical tragedy and, personally, I think that saving Kim would spoil this ...I don't know how to put it... final impression on the whole plot. You know, mostly no happy endings in classical tragedies which revolved around the notion of 'fate' and 'destiny'. It was fate which played tricks on mere humans and it played one on Kim too, I guess. And you did defeat Fate. Which, I guess, is a really optimistic ending after all.

And there IS some logic reasoning in Kim's death. Look at Arkt. He's alone. Maybe that is what being a Shadow God involves? The price is definitely high. Have you read the Ancient Diaries of the Fallen Shadow God? Let mi cite one : ' All the people who stood close, who have known me, are dead. Their destiny was to be of those who do not survive the game.' The same happens to you, everyone you made friends with is dead, Merzul, Callisto, Kim, Narathzul.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

kassandra hat geschrieben:
Some huge spoilers!
[+]
Well, actually, my husband thinks that the game has quite a happy ending. You achieved what Narathzul or you wanted. Narathzul does find some peace, finally.
He was expecting something like being defeated by Fate in the end ( when I told him that the ending is quite sad.)

Well, Nehrim has a structure of a classical tragedy and, personally, I think that saving Kim would spoil this ...I don't know how to put it... final impression on the whole plot. You know, mostly no happy endings in classical tragedies which revolved around the notion of 'fate' and 'destiny'. It was fate which played tricks on mere humans and it played one on Kim too, I guess. And you did defeat Fate. Which, I guess, is a really optimistic ending after all.

And there IS some logic reasoning in Kim's death. Look at Arkt. He's alone. Maybe that is what being a Shadow God involves? The price is definitely high. Have you read the Ancient Diaries of the Fallen Shadow God? Let mi cite one : ' All the people who stood close, who have known me, are dead. Their destiny was to be of those who do not survive the game.' The same happens to you, everyone you made friends with is dead, Merzul, Callisto, Kim, Narathzul.
my feelings exactly. that is one thing i actually liked about oblivion. so many major characters can or will die during the main quest. made the game seem more realistic. The dark brotherhood quest line too. However, that did seem a bit too unresolved or incomplete (but mods help).
Vizwind
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

kassandra hat geschrieben:
Some huge spoilers!
[+]

This did remind me somewhat of PS:T, but PS:T has a more delicatedly arranged ending - the seeking of true death which makes more sense if we talks about defeating the fate.
[+]
Whereas in Nehrim, rather than feeling the defeat of the fate, It's more a feeling of cheated by the fate. My point is the whole idea behind the main quest of Nehrim is to free the manhind from the tyranny which implicitly means mankind itself is the meaning and the objective, not just the course or measurement. But all the people involved with this campaign of freeing mankind lost their most valuables, even their own lives. They are used (by whom, the Creator, maybe, remeber at the end although the messenger of the Creator is defated, but the Creator is still intact) as simple instruments for this purpose. This leads to ironical self-contradiction! And is the ending a truly happy ending? Is mankind really free? I think otherwise. The prerequisite of freedom existence is limitation and freedom is always something must be strived for instead of could be given.
ps> Apologize for my first post. I forgot to hide the spoiler. I guess I am somewhat upset by the ending.
Ickairiel
Schurke
Schurke

You can't get something for nothing, Freedom has it's fee.

It's fee is death, many deaths, some of our own die, many of the others die as well.

This is the course of Freedom and Slavery.

But, I felt that Fate shown what the price for it's defeat was, I only wish we could find another love...Wait, someone make a mod for that, NOW!!!!
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Arkt is waiting for you in his hut.... :p
Ickairiel
Schurke
Schurke

I played as a guy, and no, just no...
Zuletzt geändert von Ickairiel am 28.01.2011 20:13, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Ickairiel hat geschrieben:
But, I felt that Fate shown what the price for it's defeat was, I only wish we could find another love...Wait, someone make a mod for that, NOW!!!!
i know! someone make a mod where you need to save kim's long lost brother\sister from some deadly evil thingy. (yes, i'm only half joking)
Ickairiel
Schurke
Schurke

Casper: I was more referring to one of the other women that must exist in the universe, it doesn't have to be Kim, just a love interest.
Zuletzt geändert von Ickairiel am 28.01.2011 20:13, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
16 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2