So I found MY MARKED LOCATION

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
123mop
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Up in the... erothen? I believe is the name of the mountain range. I was walking around, climbing mountains, and couldn't get up one, which i figured i should be able to since I have a nice high acrobatics skill, so I used tcl to float right up, then turned it off. After some more climbing, I found a location, marked as an eylied ruin, named "MY MARKED LOCATION." There was absolutely nothing there, which was kind of entertaining. On another note, I also found a tower by falling through a trap door, which was pretty cool. Except there was no loot in it, and... no key to the door out, that I could find. I could still get out since I could jump off the top and be completely fine due to my acrobatics skill, but I felt like there should be a key SOMEWHERE. Does anyone know of the tower I'm talking about, and whether or not there is a key / where it is? It's a tower with spiral stairs on the inside, bats, an adventurer that falls out of the sky with acrobatics potions, a gap you have to jump at one point, and a bunch of movable boxes.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

You create My MARKED LOCATION with a the mark/return spellset, its a teleport location you create yourself.

The tower you are talking about is the lighthouse in Erothin. You should only be able to get in there with a Quest tho. You get it in the harbour district of Erothin. Be careful running around in there, as you might break the quest.
123mop
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Is there a basic, non-set location for the mark return spell? Because I don't even have such a spell.
And I fell in through a trapdoor down the stairs from the exit that requires a key, perhaps a script malfunctioned and worked when it should not have?
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

I remember ive read something that in a earlier version of the game the return location was in said lighttower. But i think it got fixed in a patch after some people got in there with the teleport spell, but without quest. You can buy the mark/return spells from the same NPC, if you dont have them, it cant be how you got there either.
NV18
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I found MY MARKED LOCATION too. I didn't turn collision off to get there though, just did a lot of jumping. It also shows up as MEIN MARKIETER ORT when I go to the actual location so maybe the english patch isn't perfect. Its in the Eroth Mountains almost directly north of the Foreign Quarter in Erothin. I don't have the spell that was mentioned so maybe its just the default location that MY MARKED LOCATION appears at before the spell is used.

On a semi-related note, does anybody know whats up with the Strange Tombstone that's located west of MY MARKED LOCATION? It has a message about cow meat or something and I didn't know what to think.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

MY MARKED LOCATION is just a placeholder. No need to waste your time on it, it's a technical thing.

Concerning the Tombstone: If my memory serves me right, it's an easteregg.
Edit: Yes, it's an easteregg (http://sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... ein#p19783); a German play on words.
Tealor Arantheal
Hoher
Hoher
Danksagung erhalten: 150 Mal

NV18 hat geschrieben:
maybe its just the default location that MY MARKED LOCATION appears at before the spell is used..
No. That is actually one of 3 differnt "MY MARKED LOCATION" markers.
I made two of them invisible in an unofficial german patch since they seem not to be used.
So it is only possible to encounter such a location when the spell is used.
This one in the mountains northeast of erothin is clearly redundant since it is even there if the spell was used.
NV18
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Gorin hat geschrieben:
NV18 hat geschrieben:
maybe its just the default location that MY MARKED LOCATION appears at before the spell is used..
No. That is actually one of 3 differnt "MY MARKED LOCATION" markers.
I made two of them invisible in an unofficial german patch since they seem not to be used.
So it is only possible to encounter such a location when the spell is used.
This one in the mountains northeast of erothin is clearly redundant since it is even there if the spell was used.
Thanks for the explanation.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1