[Poll] Official Erothin Alteration

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2

Should Erothin be put in its own area/Worldspace or not?

Umfrage endete am 24.12.2010 14:47

8%
Yes, i think a seperate area for the city would be better, because:
92%
No, i think an open city would be better, because:

Abstimmungen insgesamt: 12

himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

If you take part in this poll, you have to reason (at least briefly) your vote!
Every user got 1 vote, it can be changed until the exspected end of the voting!

Hello Forumuser.
The Nehrim-Team considers the complete reconstruction of Erothin into a own area with city gate and seperate interior. Now it is your turn to provide ideas and doubts which can promote or neglect the idea.If you want Erothin in its own Worldspace, or rather not, then please write down why or why not, because the Diskussion results are more important than the votes! Even if the majority were favor or in contrary to the concept, without individual opinions the result would not be comprehendible, and would not influence the final decision!
If the result of the discussion would be positive towards the project, then Erothin might experience a change, after a final debate, and could be changed in one of the next patches.

regards and Merry Christmas,
your SureAI-Team
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Personal Opinion:

Pro:
- Improved game performance
Less Lag (stuttering, crashes, questbugs,...) while entering the city.
- Habit
You are used to it from Oblivion already
- Error correction
Error rate decreases, because a fresh area will be loaded, and vulnerable scripts could be revised

Contra:
- Less realistic
It is less true-to-life to not witness the surroundings
- You are not able to ride into the city anymore
To visit Erothin you would have to cross a gate and accept a loading bar while entering the city
- Disappearing NPCs
All NPCs would have to pass the gate, and would disappear for a brief period, only to appear on the other side again
- Quest reconstruction
Many Quests are running across the city, those would have to be fixed (without errors) to the new exterior
- MOD-incompatibility
MODs taking place in Erothin would have to be corrected to work again
- Time scale
It takes a lot of work to create a new worldspace, which could otherwise be invested into unfinished content and dungeons to complete Nehrim
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

I'll have to say nay.

the pros are simply outweighed by the cons
i mean, for me it works fine the way it is, i see no real reason to alter it. and don't "fix" what isn't broken. trying to do so seems to do more harm than good. as always IMHO
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

I like Erothin how it is.
Personally I want more people on the streets, but due to the game engine this will cause problems with Fps.
But rebuild the city in separate cells like Imperial City it's a waste of time and will be not big gain for the game.
Rather want the Nexus Hall than new Erothin.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Casper hat geschrieben:
I'll have to say nay.

the pros are simply outweighed by the cons
i mean, for me it works fine the way it is, i see no real reason to alter it. and don't "fix" what isn't broken. trying to do so seems to do more harm than good. as always IMHO
this. It lags a lot on my computer, with 6 gb ram (64x OS), nvidia GT 240 but my cpu is slow so I guess that's it (pentium D 3,2ghz, 5 years old) but it looks great and I can handle the lag as I don't go there too often. Banking and quests ftw /o/ . I like the "view" from town as well so moving it to its own worldspace wouldn't be that appreciated by me.

And as a last point: time scale (or what you called it) they should use time on things that needs changing / updating instead of changing Erothin which isn't really broken. More epic dungeons like Zerobilon (please! It took me like what 1-3? hours to complete, that's what I call a REAL dungeon! Loved it! The TD mini-game was awesome albeit a bit short though, still very nice. Cool reward for that as well!) and more bugfixes.

I haven't found a place to report bugs yet (only been on these forums for like an hour :) ) but you could for example fix : Amored Crab should be renamed to Armored Crab, the wine dealer in Erothin has a weird walk-path as she in my game is stuck on some bed or something , just moving around and around or towards me, not ever getting free. (npc Wine Dealer Tania, ID 002272f5)
There's also a potion (that you create with alchemy) that has no effect and is called something like Name Potion or something (I'll check back on that soon), sellable for ~39g. Seems pretty weird to me. I've experienced a lot more bugs but alas, they have fled from my memory, but if I find more I'll post it here or somewhere else where you'd want me to post them.

Cheers and Merry Christmas! :)
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

You can use the Nehrim Bugtracker to report bugs.
Medkirtys
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Well, a different zone would be good if it would really increase performance, because while now my Nehrim is running pretty solidily, I can't enjoy Erothin at it's best because it get to 10-15 fps in the city. Also, adding just a bit of chat for guards or other people, like rumors, would make the game a lot more alive, because sometimes it feels a bit dead, unless i'm playing the storyline, it's a blast
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Medkirtys hat geschrieben:
Well, a different zone would be good if it would really increase performance, because while now my Nehrim is running pretty solidily, I can't enjoy Erothin at it's best because it get to 10-15 fps in the city. Also, adding just a bit of chat for guards or other people, like rumors, would make the game a lot more alive, because sometimes it feels a bit dead, unless i'm playing the storyline, it's a blast
i keep forgetting i have a system that's a bit of a monster. i don't really get a drop in fps (anywhere), or if i do it only lasts a few seconds.
wkomarecki
Gauner
Gauner

1. No. I personally would like more quests and locations to explore. Seaside + more islands like in Morrowind for example.
2. But there is some existing oblivion project "Better Cities" and they give "open" or "closed" cities as an game option. Maybe, if it really needed, this way.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I like Erothin as it is right now. It's not necessary for me to completely rework it to a closed city. But maybe you could add it as a separate download for users who have slower computers?

I rather want the Nehrim Team to complete the unfinished dungeons like the Nexus Halls and Iron Fire Halls. This gives Nehrim a longer playability.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Shatar hat geschrieben:
I like Erothin as it is right now. It's not necessary for me to completely rework it to a closed city. But maybe you could add it as a separate download for users who have slower computers?

I rather want the Nehrim Team to complete the unfinished dungeons like the Nexus Halls and Iron Fire Halls. This gives Nehrim a longer playability.
Don't forget Shady Nothing & the dungeon in the Northrealm that has no door/name (it's a ruin with stairs winding down a path, but in the end of it there's just rock) :)

edit: on topic; I don't think Erothin should be changed. It's fine as it is now and new content > old that isn't broken.

If its not broken, why fix it?
15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2