New mods all at Tirin Abbey?

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

First I think its great people are doing conversions for Nehrim.
Second an observation/question. With everbody putting there clothe mods at Tirin Abbey, will it end up looking more like a clothes shop? If its high armour rated, would it not be better at Erothin or Cahbaet?
Third a question. Is it right that if 2 or 3 mods try to use the same container only one mod will show up? Asking because that happened to me and I have had to move them arround again.
micalov
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Proberly because he abbey is close, every one can get to it, and its easy to search, some ppl want the armor striaght away even if its just for screen shot. Its abit like ppl putting everything in the imperial amrket district in Oblivion.

..or they just might not know there way around CS taht well and most the places are semi difficult to understand since the editor ID is in german.

On the container question, yep the last one loaded in in your load order will be the one that effects the container.

EDIT: on Erothin, theres actualy loads of great empty places you could put a shop, so making a high lvl shop would actualy be a good idea tbh, also why the hell is there no descent clothes sellers in Nehrim? :(
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
EDIT: on Erothin, theres actualy loads of great empty places you could put a shop, so making a high lvl shop would actualy be a good idea tbh, also why the hell is there no descent clothes sellers in Nehrim?
Just starting to learn modding myself, spending (now a labour of love) most time trying to repaint my character and reinventing the wheel at the same time I think.
But..would it be a good idea to see if a decent modder could make a shop in and around the later cities (Erothin;Cahbaet even Treomar) and modded clothes could be installed there for sale?
I actually think a lot of the armour in Nehrim is excellent and well worth finding, which is why I hate too see good armour just plonked anywhere.
Which is another reason just doing esp's for myself really. Intend to change cost/armour ratings and add enchantments, then find difficult places to get to hopefully forget where I have put them. Also want to look at armour ratings a bit closer in Nehrim as do not want to place over powerful armour etc too early.
or they just might not know there way around CS taht well and most the places are semi difficult to understand since the editor ID is in german.
Very difficult. I kept putting BABS hentai dress in places I had to steal from!!!! Is there going to be an english translation as it takes forever to google translate every place and type of container?
micalov
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Making a shop is actualy alot easier then it looks, This is a very god start and well written article about making one:
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/in ... First_Shop

Also doubt the will change all the editor ID's of locations because it would mean they would have to redo soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many scripts ect that reference to them, and from a gameplay persective there isnt realy a need. The best way is to right click an entry, say an NPC ( but works on everything in the object window) and select use info. Double click on a place is says in cells to show what it looks like.

If your just placing in containers, just change the ownership of the container in CS to none and you wont be stealing.
Dateianhänge
Untitled2.jpg
Use info screen report.
Untitled2.jpg (39.22 KiB) 3997 mal betrachtet
Untitled.jpg Ownership window
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

It's NOT a good idea to fill these empty Erothin houses with shops in mods, because that's what Hoxyd is planning to do in future releases.
Generally if I were a modder, I wouldn't put *anything* in Erothin because Erothin is already quite laggy on my and many other machines. If you add some interior to Erothin, at least make it sure that the NPCs living in there have "No low level processing" (and no lock-doors AI) so one doesn't get additional lag outside of their house.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi

There might be a but!! in a minute, until then.
First, thanks Micalov for the pointer towards how easy modding a shop can be. Although I will not be going that far yet. Still really want to learn more about mesh/textures and the graphic side of modding. Plus still learning new stuff about redoing esp's.

My thoughts on a "shop" (just workiong off the cuff here), are not really about your normal type Oblivion shop. I have been noticing how many types of body meshes there are ( HGEC, BAB, Roberts etc) and the ammount of armour/clothing mods which are beyond belief. I prefer myself to have to work for certain types of armour/clothing within a game, either through quests or having to dispatch the evil witch weraing the robe I so desire. I also recognise that a lot of players might just want to be able to buy something. Also see the need for modders to have somewhere to place the item they have designed.
The "shop" I was thinking of is more of a Modders Paradise, it could be anywhere (inside a mountain, just outside Tromar), it could have its own teleport pad. Most importantly, within the shop are a series of merchants. Some sell HGEC, some Bab etc, etc. So modders instead of placing clothes iggledy-piggledy could know exactly where to place them and gamers know where to go.

Just an idea and no buts!!!!! (wow, I did a paragraph without a but.)
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

I've seen one or two folk complain about making too much money, how about a place selling rare but highly desirable items for a fortune.

Ie:

Your very own Star People Skyship Home costing 2 million in gold, what ? too expensive ? oh go on then, gis a fiver for it.

On the other hand, it would be great to get something like the Apachii Goddess Store and Apachii Heroes Store into Nehrim.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
First-Micalov. I wish you had not pointed out that tutorial. Started to have a go and now bashing my head against the wall trying to get doors to reference my interiors!!!!
Still it adds one more project on top of repainting one of my characters and trying to put my esp's for some clothes right (did not tick the right boxes or make unique, spawned in other containers), I'll get there in the end. To think all these years playing RPG's and it's Nehrim that's started me off looking at mods. Only ever installed one before in Oblivion.

Second-arvisrend. Doubt I'll ever be good enough to unleash a mod like this on anyone. But, if I do, I'll make sure it's in a totally unused bit of wilderness.

Thirdly-Merren. Downloaded and looked at Apachii stores (glad I did 'cause I noticed how all my oblivion meshes appear to have been messed up), and even though I can appreciate the ammount of work it must have taken and the graphics and design are excellent, it's not something I would personally install. Everyone plays differently and I just cannot see any character of mine running round with a latex catsuit, high heels or stockings and suspenders on. But if someone could make something similar for Nehrim, I think it would be a nice addition.
Looking more for items like The Underworld Armour or mage/sorceress Eastern style.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1