Appreciation Thread!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

69 Beiträge Seite 1 von 7
EbonKnight
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Okay, so.. probably a lot of these exist and I hope you guys don't mind, but I just really felt the overwhelming urge to gush out in a brand new thread. This mod is single-handedly the BEST MOD ever made for ANY game in the complete history of videogames. Seriously.. I am beyond amazed, and I keep finding new cool stuff.. this mod is essentially what happens when the best of Elder Scrolls meets the best of European style RPG (eg. Gothic). This mod is so damn good it makes Oblivion look lame in comparison.. the main plot, the side quests, the little secrets, the only thing that Oblivion had which could be on par is the Dark Brotherhood! Seriously, if this was a commercial game I would say it was one of the best games of all time, and it's a mod made by "amateurs" for free! I know, this post probably sounds damn ridiculous, but I'm just so amazed that despite the various shortcomings of Oblivion (stupid combat/barter/speechcraft/xp/alchemy) system, this game is still an absolute BLAST to play and I cannot peel myself away from it. Just one more time, THANK YOU guys, this mod has been more than worth the wait and I can only hope you guys will continue such marvelous work in the future and be hired by some big company!
Helol
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Cant agree more... Breathtaking from the start. and addicting.
Donkerman
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Yeah, I really didn't enjoy Oblivion that much, and had to force myself to finish it. Nehrim makes me wonder why I never liked Oblivion in the first place. The answer is simple, because Nehrim is what Oblivion should have been. Congrats guys, can't wait for your next mod. :lol:
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Yes Me to big ups & the speed with which Oblivion modders are have cought on to this as well including at least one morrowind modder who has never modded for oblivion before congratulations are in Order. I'm only into the beginning of the game yet but I'm enjoying myself immensely
koschwarz
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

i agree every word of the first post, however i think oblivion is a fantastic game itself, one of my all time favorite (note that my favorite genre of games is tactical FPS!!!). without oblivion we don't have nehrim. but nehrim puts the standard higher.

and what i want to emphasize: music. i frequently listen to oblivion's music even without playing the game, but nehrim's music is just as perfect as oblivion's. i love it, every sound of it.
elderdrake
Bettler
Bettler

A monumental undertaking by all involved and where many other groups have claimed to deliver grandiose full mods, only to later dissolve for one reason or another, SureAI gave us arguably one of the best mods ever made. I ironically found out about this while playing 'The Cube Experiment' on Fallout 3. They had a placard saying to go to the site so I did, glad I checked because this simply is amazing. Thank you to everyone involved in this for not only going the distance, but also obviously putting your hearts into such an amazing and breathtaking mod. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors :)
Del
Bettler
Bettler

Well I've just finished the game and have to say this is absolutely immense.

A free mod with the scope, vision and quality of a top flight retail RPG is amazing and this is by far the best free mod I have come across. I really hope you enjoyed making it as much as I enjoyed playing it in the hope that one day we may see more from your team!
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

I'm not very far into Nehrim but its already got me hooked and I can't peel myself away from it, its that GOOD.

One thing I will say is this:

I hope that so called profesional game developers and games companies take a lot of notice of Nehrim because the SureAI Team have just upped the anti.

If these guys can come up with some thing with the scale and grandeur of Nehrim, then the big guns need give their heads a shake and get their acts together.

Theres now no excuse for them to churn out the piffle that some recent releases have turned out to be, the Nehrim team have released a masterpiece at zero cost to us, if the big guys want my money in future, they'll have to earn it.

Well done SureAI, very well done indeed.
nigelvibations
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I'm about 40 hours in, and every time I come back for a play session, something truly awesome happens. Like, when I start a simple treasure hunt nailed to a chapel wall and end up with
[+]
Dariuskopf. Just about fell out of my chair when I first equipped it.
keypusher
Bettler
Bettler

Agree 100%. This is what Oblivion *should* have been. I am prepared to say, even now, that this is my game of the year. Every session I discover something new, something amazing. It is so well done I just can't get over it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this go down as one of the best RPG's ever created. A truly great work.
69 Beiträge Seite 1 von 7