Appreciation Thread!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

69 Beiträge Seite 7 von 7
Antipathy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

This game was my GOTY 2010 :thumbsup: New Patch comes out with new content in 2011 now it's GOTY 2011 :D
koschwarz
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

hi, im here again. i've just finished the extended storyline and all the sidequests in patch1.5, and i want to appreciate this game again :D

i put plus 16 hours in the game with the new adventures (alltogether about 135 hours...).

great mod, great game!
Chill
Bettler
Bettler

Finished main quest. Gotta say - great game! Thanks! Quite the achievement making something so impressive.

--Cam
Lady Dracon
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Nehrim continues to be one of my favorite RPGs of all time to this day, despite being a modification in nature. An independent group of developers took a base game that was rather dull and bland in nature and transformed it into a unique masterpiece rivaling even the "top" of roleplaying games to this day in storyline, presentation, and otherwise. SureAI, you will never cease to amaze me with the amount of intricate detail, beauty, and wonder you can implement into games with a limited amount of resources available on hand, and for that, you all have my thanks.
Ethereus
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello SureAI team,

I'm from Portugal and I just wanted to let you guys know how much I absolutely loved Nehrim. I was a huge Oblivion fan and played that game dry, but what kept me coming back were the mods. And no mod was as staggeringly huge as Nehrim. It was wonderfully designed and it fixed a ton of the design flaws present in Oblivion. On top of that, the world looked much better, a lot more vertical. You used the engine and the resources far better than what Bethesda originally did. (Tower Defense within the game? Oh wow.)

I haven't played Skyrim yet (still working on getting the PC to run, plus I'm really busy), but ever since I saw you guys were already planning "Projekt 5", I was pretty psyched! Nehrim looked super professional and having stuff like full voice acting and then a full translation into English was fantastic.

Sorry if I made you uncomfortable, lol. Just wanted you to know I really appreciated Nehrim and I'm looking forward to your next mod. Keep it up!
Zuletzt geändert von Crosshair am 05.02.2012 14:43, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Grund: This post was moved from the News forum for being off topic.
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

An amazing, AMAZING game in every way. Though I have not yet played Skyrim, Nehrim must be the best PC RPG I have ever played. It's a masterpiece. I finally played through the whole thing once more, including the Shadow God Quest (I only have to give the Iron Fire Halls a go for the alternative ending). I don't know why some people considered it short. For an add-on to an already huge game, it was pretty sizeable and incredibly weird, mystical and intriguing. A deep bow of appreciation to you gentlemen. I can't wait for what you're going to do with Project 5.

EDIT: I just have an itsy-bitsy tiiiiny complaint: why weren't the new gladiator armors playable? They looked so cool...!
braithwa
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

If you play Oblivion, then you are missing out on a lot if you dont install Nehrim. I have completed most quests, done most dungeons, and and become the Ostiian champion. I have to say this was one of the best games I ever played. It was much more exciting than oblivion itself. So much work has gone into this.

Clearly Bethesda must have eyed Nehrim closely when they made Skyrim. All that Nehrim introduced such as smelting and forging seems to have been included in skyrim.

Now what should I play next. I am still waiting for Tamriel Rebuilt, and half life 3. Going back to to Morrowind was no problem after Oblivion. Somehow Oblivion did not steal Morrowind's thunder. But perhaps it will be different after Nehrim.
0Beechlgz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I could never get far in Oblivion without the urge to turn it off and play Morrowind or Skyrim instead. But from what little I have played of Oblivion compared to the little I have played of Nehrim, Nehrim wins hands down. Escaping the mine was actually hard, but not in a boring or tedious way. Rather in a way that forces you to think, much like some older puzzle games (they don't make em like that any more).

Oblivion, by comparison, was kind of monotonous. Kill troll, kill zombie, kill rat, kill more rats, kill troll... ooh a potion... and so on. There wasn't much else to actually do while you were escaping the dungeon except maybe spam your magic to level it up. And every room seemed almost the same as the one before. I found the voice acting kind of flat too.

But in Nehrim you're introduced to a story (you're not just some random prisoner with no background at all) you have an explained reason for being where you are, each part of the mine you visit has its own unique feel, there are some basic puzzles (but hard enough to catch you out first time round) to further break up the monotony, the flora is so much prettier, there is a boss fight/puzzle, just overall it seems richer and like more love has gone into it.

Can't comment much on the voice acting since it's hard to tell if voice acting is good in an unfamiliar language, but the person who does the voice for the guy who cries for you to take you with him seems far more genuine than the voice actor of the guard who just watched Uriel Septim die. So, I'd still say the voices are better in Nehrim.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Odd that I haven't written in this thread yet.

Like everyone else, once again, I must say that Nehrim is still one of my top 5 games of all time and I've played a lot of games for the last 10 years. Everything from detail to voice acting, dungeon & map making, dialogue, story, just everything is awesome. I've spent 150 h + playing the game and like Casper I've ventured to pretty much every place on the map, including not some but many places that shouldn't even have been possible to get to. Only level 44 though! I actually fell down the ruins/floor? in that castle/structure/lighthouse/tower west of Erothin before even starting that quest by jumping up the mountain on beforehand, ended up backtracking down to do it the "right" way. Damn seagulls! :roll:

Exploring the world was just awesome and I loved that the areas were level-specific so if you wanted a challenge you could just go somewhere interesting and test your own mettle. I remember fighting those poisoned deer/wolves on low level, loads of fun! :D

I bet Enderal will be just as good if not better (one can only hope!) and when it gets released, I know that I'll lose a lot of free time! :) Incredible to see that over 3500+ hours has already been put into development when Skyrim's only been out for a little more than a year. Enderal will make the money I spent on Skyrim so much more worth it! :thumbsup:

Keep it up guys, I love you (in a non-gay way!)! :)
69 Beiträge Seite 7 von 7