Appreciation Thread!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

69 Beiträge Seite 5 von 7
ats314
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Well, add me to the list of people who are completely blown away by this mod. What a feat of gaming this is. I just want to give my sincere thanks to the people behind this project.
12thMonkey
Bettler
Bettler

Awesome, awesome work!
Loved Oblivion, now I'm back and loving Nehrim!
If there's no cost, as least we can pay back with some love!
irnbru
Bettler
Bettler

A truly amazing project! Good job. Nehrim has exceeded my expectations completely, and is easily one of the best RPG experiences i've had.

I have to say though, it's a bit unfair for so many people to be making comments like "this is what Oblivion should have been like". Maybe Nehrim is better than Oblivion, but as fantastic as it is, lets not forget that it uses Oblivion as it's base. It's a lot easier improving upon/perfecting something that already exists than it is making something from scratch.

Anyway, great work!
koschwarz
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

irnbru hat geschrieben:
A truly amazing project! Good job. Nehrim has exceeded my expectations completely, and is easily one of the best RPG experiences i've had.

I have to say though, it's a bit unfair for so many people to be making comments like "this is what Oblivion should have been like". Maybe Nehrim is better than Oblivion, but as fantastic as it is, lets not forget that it uses Oblivion as it's base. It's a lot easier improving upon/perfecting something that already exists than it is making something from scratch.

Anyway, great work!
agree.

and i'd add (even i don't speak german at all) it's unfair too that people want an english dubbed version...they could not even imagine how big project was it to do a german voice acting at all.
irnbru
Bettler
Bettler

koschwarz hat geschrieben:

and i'd add (even i don't speak german at all) it's unfair too that people want an english dubbed version...they could not even imagine how big project was it to do a german voice acting at all.
I don't speak German either, but it's very obvious that the voice acting in Nehrim is incredibly well-done. They obviously put a lot of time and effort into that area and I have no problems reading the English written dialogue at all.
topcat098
Bettler
Bettler

Well I’ve got as far as I think I can go with Nehrim. I’m level 33, done all the quests and having revealed all the map markers using the console, I believe I have visited most of the dungeons. I played the whole thing as a mage, throwing mainly fireballs. I wish there was more, so first my question. Is there going to be another patch, with new quests? I’m not asking when, just if anyone knows if one is being worked on.

So, my comments. First the bad, lets get that out of the way. The initial quest is inappropriate. There are bits that are too hard, and it’s far too long before one makes contact with the real world of trainers and spell merchants. I would suspect that a large number of people were put off long before they could discover what they were missing. I’m sure I would have been if I had not read the rave reviews first.

Apart from that I have to say it was brilliant. I loved Oblivion (apart from the silly levelling) and it’s difficult to believe this is just as good. Lots of originality (glider from tower top to tower top!). I have to say its quite easy to get pretty powerful quite early. I concentrated exclusively on Alchemy and Destruction until they were both 100 (with fortification). As it’s pretty easy to get top level alchemy equipment I was able to make a shed load of money and had no worries about health or magicka. Also, no matter how many fireballs I fired off, I never seemed to run out of magicka (at the start yet, but not once D got high). I like this, tho I suspect some people like to be continually challenged.

Money. I’m sitting on 120k and could probably make another 30k if I liquidated my container. Just like in Oblivion, there is nothing for me to do with it. If anyone from the team reads this could I suggest a long running quest that consumes ever increasing amounts of gold. Not sure what the reward would be at the end, but I’m sure you could think of something.

A request. Please fix the Advanced Tower Defence quest. In both the medium and hard levels the boss level failed, with no bad guys appearing. I see there is a forum entry about this. I had to repeat the whole cycle using the console to killall each round. I wouldn’t mind but this is such a long quest. After all the effort its very frustrating.

I see no need for English Voice Acting – what we have is fine. What is needed is simply to ensure all the descriptions are translated – and various messages that sometimes magically become German.
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

An Addon is being developed that adds quests and starts after you finish the main quest. But there isn't a release date yet, so you just have to be patient.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

my first nehrim character is sitting in her fortress doing nothing, advanced to level 51, and has been to every nook on the entire map, and found everything that could be reached and explored. and a few that she should not have been able to reach, i'm good at getting to odd places. i'm just dying for more stuff to do and places to discover.
Bargelfroot
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

So i'm about level 20, and have been through a bit of the quest, and done alot of dungeon hopping and such.

All I can say is WOW.

Seriously, my wife just picked up an Xbox with Oblivion.. tried playing it again, but I don't think I could ever go back to Oblivion after playing this, Nehrim blows it out of the water in pretty much every way.

I'm really impressed by the level of detail here, the uniqueness and the serious design skill put into the geography and the dungeons is incredible, the quests are actually exciting, interesting, and immersive. You've far outdone the game you've modded lol!
Zintair
Bettler
Bettler

Just plain awesome! I had Oblivion on steam and it was worth the money solely for this Mod. I played up to level 6 and couldn't stand the quest/leveling or the lack of direction.

The last computer game I played and completed was Risen. Lots of titles I just couldn't finish. But nehrim is glorious! On to the critque!

Currently im lvl 13ish and just brought Kim to sanctum.

My only real critque so far is not understand what the npcs are saying when there's no text dialogue. Other than that the oblivion engine is really the only thing holding the game back, like the combat system etc.

Just great work really appreciate this diamond in the HEAVY rough
69 Beiträge Seite 5 von 7