Appreciation Thread!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

69 Beiträge Seite 6 von 7
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

My only real critque so far is not understand what the npcs are saying when there's no text dialogue. Other than that the oblivion engine is really the only thing holding the game back, like the combat system etc.
do you have general subs on? i didn't notice it all that much.
Ironarm
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I have just finished the Underworld Journey quest and I will tell you I am utterly blown away. I kept on assuming the dungeon was going to end, but it kept going on and on and on, getting more epic and challenging as I proceeded. That dungeon run was what, 2+ hours of playtime? Unbelievable - you dont get that type of quality now in games. I want to extend my personal thanks and gratitude to SureAI for blessing us with such am amazing game. I havent even finished the game yet, and I can make this call with 100% confidence. Nehrim's only weakness is the lack of English voice acting, but in all honesty it doesnt really matter with the sheer quality of the content and story.

For all its praise and awards, I still feel Nehrim is UNDERRATED. Nehrim's small community does not do it justice - Nehrim has a beautiful landscape, epic story, great soundtrack, epic combat - very few RPG's have made me jump in fear, cry out in joy and surprise, or just make me stay planted in my seat and forget I'm in the real world.

Not only is Nehrim one of the best mods for Oblivion, but its probably one of the best RPG's ever made. Nehrim makes Oblivion look like a joke - SureAI makes Bethesda look like amateurs. Nehrim is already up there with my own personal favorites of all time, FFT, Grandia, Diablo2, Mass Effect, Neverwinter Nights. This is the game ES5 Skyrim needs to look up to. I can't wait to get back to playing, too bad real life calls :P
Korr
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I saw a quick mention of the TC when browsing a Skyrim review about 10mins ago. This is EXACTLY what I needed to keep me from going insane waiting for Skyrim! :thumbsup:

I clicked the torrent download a few minutes ago... got ~50% so far and have checked out just enough media (like the map!) to get me drooling for gameplay.

Amazing work guys...
Thank you so much!
Sepharess
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

First off: I really enjoy playing this game. I'm currently 70 hours in, and have only just passed the Cahbaet sewers part. Being the explorer that I am, I love going into every single location and looking for every single bit of treasure that can be found; I'm trying to get a full set of every type of armour. Nehrim, as opposed to Oblivion, really brings out the treasure hunter in me, it offering the unique armour and weapons that it does! Also: the game is extremely atmospheric; I love the game world - it is very real and immersive. As previous comments pointed out; the underworld was an extremely fun ride, and the scale of it very impressive.

Of course, you have to consider that the Nehrim developers didn't have to develop everything from scratch and that they borrowed all/most objects, textures etc. from Oblivion. Regardless, I think Nehrim did a better job at creating a believable world, storyline and fun experience. What I would like to see in Nehrim though, would be the possibility to buy a house in all of the major cities and would've liked to not have seen the faces of the developers in game (on some posters here and there). Those are just small things though, and I would love to see more coming from SureAI! Some major lag here and there made the game a bit unplayable, at times, unfortunately.

Everyone who knows about this game and has other friends who enjoy RPG's (and have played Oblivion) should make them aware of this great mod!
Zuletzt geändert von Sepharess am 12.10.2011 08:13, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

What I would like to see in Nehrim though, would be the possibility to buy a house in the major cities...
You do know that you can buy a house in Erothin?
Sepharess
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
What I would like to see in Nehrim though, would be the possibility to buy a house in the major cities...
You do know that you can buy a house in Erothin?
I do, indeed. What I meant to say was: "in all major cities."
Mitro
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

I think there are several house mods out for Ostian and Cabaeth.
Merge
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Excellent mod.
Magnus
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I've been playing this mod, and I am completely blown away by the high quality of work - The teams' love which has been put into Nehrim is amazing. I hope someone sees this mod and gets everyone on the team a job creating more amazing games like Nehrim. Truly, Nehrim is what Oblivion was meant to be. I doubt Skyrim will be as enthralling a world, as gripping a story as beautiful a creation as Nehrim is. Skyrim may well be ruined for me, having seen what could be created for players to explore.
Stefan Torkilson
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Great Work. I've always appriciated Germany ans it's people as a whole, this makes me even more a fan. :D The atmosphere is indeed great, you can tell the developers put a lot of work in it. the German voices don't put me off this mod, on the contrary, it's even refreshing to have a non-English game for once.

Great stuff!

greetings

a Flemish fan.
69 Beiträge Seite 6 von 7