Appreciation Thread!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

69 Beiträge Seite 4 von 7
Dj El Marriachi
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

so far 44 hours into the game and there's still so much to see and do. I'm just blown away by this mod.
I found it pretty hard at the start, but i was playing it wrong. so because off that i almost gave up when i was lvl 10.
Then two months later i tried it again, and since two weeks i'm completely hooked and been playing whenever i can.
What an adventure i have behind me! And still so much ahead of me. I can not imagine how much time/effort/motivation it have taken you guys to make this.
it's so fucking GI-GAN-TIC.

Just hoping we'll get crafting rank 2 in a future patch. please keep doing updates :)
wildstargoethe
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yes, this is a wonderful piece of work. You can tell a lot of care and time went into its making, from the original artwork, well written quests and the excellent music. Every time someone mentions that they are looking for a new, open-world rpg to play I suggest this game. I quit playing it for a while to play New Vegas when it was released, but now I'm back to this and I love it. I've put 37 hours into this game and I'm not even finished with Act 2. One last comment: The Underworld was an amazing game experience. That is simply one of the funnest dungeon areas I have ever played. Awesome, awesome game.
mythicdark
Bettler
Bettler

I loved Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and it was one of my most memorable games. I played oblivion with much anticipation, but it felt like a soul less morrowind with a face lift. I then found Nehrim, this game has sucked me in and has not let me go. It is just so masterfully created, all the details meticulously put into place. The hand placed dungeons are so fun to explore. I would definitely pay for this game many times over, I hope you all find awesome jobs in the game development industry.

i
Ickairiel
Schurke
Schurke

I will say that Nehrim has had the best storyline of any game I have ever played, in ever, and will likely stay that way since Storyline seems to be a dropping fraction of the game, being replaced with graphics und gameplay.
koschwarz
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

hah! after 120 hours, i finished the game. all side quests included. one of the best game i've ever played (after 20 years of being as a gamer and finishing a LOT of games). i can't be grateful enough for this. from now on, nehrim will be my new personal standard and from now on i will feel some emptiness.

thank you, nehrim team!
CKtheFat
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I finally beat the main storyline after 101 hours of gameplay. Nehrim is definitely the best mod of any game I've ever played before from the very instant you are immersed in the mines to the dizzying final battle... there were quite a few breathtaking moments, first stepping out into the dying evening light and realizing just how big and well made the world of Nehrim actually is, creeping around dark dungeons and for once feeling as though I am the master of the shadow and not the many undead enemies around me (until the zombies came charging, anyway--don't know about you guys but I found them the hardest enemies of the game), wandering lost among the stores and towers of Erothin, an actually halfway decent sized city, crawling for what felt like hours in the dark underworld, always wondering when I'd get to see the light of day again and dump off my valuable loot... An absolutely amazing mod that would have been almost indistinguishable from a major commercial game had it not been for the occasional muffled voice acting (particularly among female voice actors) and scattered untranslated books, spells, and effect descriptions, not to mention a jitterying texture every now and then as two surfaces overlapped on the same plane.

Oh, and the main quest was pretty damn awesome. It contained all the tragedy, humor, and overall human elements that Oblivion lacked, complete with a great deal of well-written dialog and books.

All in all, I also feel as though Bethesda should have snatched these independent developers up for Skyrim.

Now I kind of want to start over as a warrior character instead of a mage...
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

I just finished playing Nehrim for the second time, after installing the new patch. I simply cannot adequately describe how awesome this game is (not "was", since the great people behind it are still creating new content). Mod? What mod? Nehrim displays a level of professional quality and immersion that I have never seen over the past 5 years in any commercial game. Engaging story, beautiful and honest-to-God terrifying environments with appropriate music. Oblivion could not make me jumpy, not once, and I have played just about every major (and a LOT of minor) mod that has come out for it. The only ones who came close to that feeling were Gates of Aesgaard and Heart of the Dead (don't get me wrong, there are many great mods out there but none could reach the level of sentimental involvement or the professional quality of Nehrim - you always knew they were mods). I find extremely interesting the fact that elements from SureAI's previous total conversion (of Morrowind), Arktwend, are implemented as historical facts in Nehrim, both in the story as well as the various books. It makes me want to try my hand at Arktwend, just to see the full scope of cause and effect.

Overall, hat's off to you gentlemen! An amazing work!
sparrowjuice
Bettler
Bettler

Thank you so much for an amazing mod, this is what oblivion should have been like originally. Masterfull.
haidaboy
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

I absolutely love this game.

Had I tried Oblivion and Nehrim as rentals, I would have bought Nehrim before Oblivion....Yes, it's that good.

Strange how u get a superior product from those who love what they are doing, rather than the money they get for what they are doing.
Well maybe not so strange....more like RARE.

Thanks for a great game that I appreciate.
FruitGull
Bettler
Bettler

Nehrim is the best gaming experience I've had in years. It has so much depth and creates awe and wonder in me every time I play it. It really triumphs Oblivion in every sense. Regardless if it's a commercial product or not it's very uncommon to find a game with a world that is so masterfully imbued with this deep epic sense of wonder.

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße!
69 Beiträge Seite 4 von 7