Any way to remove obsolete spells?

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Just wondering if there is an easy way to remove spells that no longer get used when you reach the higher tiers. I seem to remember a mod of some type for Oblivion that could do that.
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

You need a mod to do this. Can't remember the name.
IIRC the Oblivion mod has already been converted, the German version at least.

Attention: The Mod allows you to remove quest relevant spells, this will prevent you from completing them and the game.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Wrye Bash does that:
http://wryebash.netai.net/
You just need to copy your Oblivion.esm file into the Nehrim\Data directory (or create an empty file named Oblivion.esm), because otherwise Wrye Bash won't start.
Morbide
Ritter
Ritter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I use this mod to remove obsolete spells. It does require OBSE though.
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

arvisrend hat geschrieben:
Wrye Bash does that:
You just need to copy your Oblivion.esm file into the Nehrim\Data directory (or create an empty file named Oblivion.esm), because otherwise Wrye Bash won't start.
WyreBash itself isn't very user friendly though. The install instructions look like something out of a programming course. I can't wrap my old brain around the instructions.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

arvisrend hat geschrieben:
Wrye Bash does that:
Wrye Bash on and working, cheers for all the input folks.
Copying Oblivion.esm causes Nehrim to crash on my system, created new file instead.
WyreBash itself isn't very user friendly though. The install instructions look like something out of a programming course. I can't wrap my old brain around the instructions.
Download the self installers from Nexus (Wrye-python and Wrye- bash). Do not do what I did first and install stupidly to Oblivion directory ( had to uninstall and in so doing using Revo uninstaller removed some Oblivion files, had to reinstall Oblivion.)
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Update to post above. Today tried wrye bash and would not start. Re-installed and nada. Found I had to copy oblivion esm to have it start today. Go figure.
Lisnpuppy
Krieger
Krieger

I was able to get the below Oblivion Spell Delete mod to work fine in Nehrim yesterday..after using Tes4Edit to change it from the Oblivion ESM to Nehrim.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=23069

I used the SPELL DELETE ONLY portion of the mod. It seems to work fine using the default key but I was unable to customize a keyboard key for it.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Tried both. Sticking with wrye bash, it has some extra perks. You do have to delete spells out of game, but thats easy enough. Can view all my screenshots in wrye bash and It looks to be an easy operation to import a face from a different character (savegame) plus other imports.
Lisnpuppy
Krieger
Krieger

I have Wrye installed also...and OBSE and all the other good stuff. Just threw that out there for peeps that are having Wyre troubles or whatever. I also RP so its nice to delete them in-game for me! Glad you got it working
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1