Does Nehrim work with GOG's version of Oblivion GOTY?

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
henriquejr
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Hi Everyone!

As per the subject, does Nehrim work with my GOG version of TES IV GOTY? Are there any known issues in playing Nehrim on top of GOG's Oblivion?

Thanks in advance!
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

The current version of Nehrim always needs Oblivion via Steam. (not the GOG or DVD-retail-version)

Maybe there will be this other version, we have to see how time allows it and what is practicable.

PS:
Parallel installation of Oblivion via GOG and Steam will also cause problems.
This concerns on the one hand GOG settings and also the directory: C:\Users...\Documents\my games\Oblivion.
A manual solution would only be to edit the goglog.ini. (but this is not suported by us)
henriquejr
Krieger
Krieger

17.06.2020 12:32Stefanie hat geschrieben:
The current version of Nehrim always needs Oblivion via Steam. (not the GOG or DVD-retail-version)

Maybe there will be this other version, we have to see how time allows it and what is practicable.

PS:
Parallel installation of Oblivion via GOG and Steam will also cause problems.
This concerns on the one hand GOG settings and also the directory: C:\Users...\Documents\my games\Oblivion.
A manual solution would only be to edit the goglog.ini. (but this is not suported by us)
Thanks Stefanie!
You used yourself the expression "current version" as if there were previous versions of Nehrim that supported DVD-Retail/GOG. And I first played Nehrim on top of DVD-Retail of Oblivion (way before I purchased TES IV on GOG). Are such previous versions still archived somewhere? Can you point me where?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

The 10 years older version for DVD-Retail can e.g. be found here in the forum.
However, it does not contain the new bugfixes or new features. Therefore I would recommend to look for Steam or to wait.
henriquejr
Krieger
Krieger

17.06.2020 13:19Stefanie hat geschrieben:
The 10 years older version for DVD-Retail can e.g. be found here in the forum.
However, it does not contain the new bugfixes or new features. Therefore I would recommend to look for Steam or to wait.
Thanks again!
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1