Some Nehrim plotline questions

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Trexalfa
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hello, everyone! Just registered on this forum. I've finished Nehrim's main quest yesterday (although the Shadow God quests are still pending), and some questions came to my mind. I was left confused by many things said during the main story, and I hope someone can answer them. Keep in mind I played and finished Enderal before Nehrim, love that mod as well (and pretty hyped for its DLC). Anyway, here are the questions:

1. How does Fate's cycle of Lightborn-Shadow God fit within the grand scope Cleansing cycle introduced in Enderal? Because, in Enderal, only the raise of the Lightborn is mentioned as one stage of the cycle. It being a cycle within itself wasn't mentioned, and it is kinda implied in Nehrim that the current Lightborn are not the first mages to declare themselves gods, nor would they be the last if the protagonist and Arkt hadn't interfered. My best guess? It simply wasn't mentioned in Enderal. If I had to theorize more, I think the defeat of Fate's personification, slain by two Shadow Gods, happens in each Cleansing cycle. The book "The First War, for the Creator" kinda implies the Eliath made Sarantha into Fate's personification for this Cycle.

This makes me think Sarantha, and any Personification of Fate chosen each Cycle, is just a piece in the game board too, as are the High Ones (as said by the Veiled Woman). If you guys (SureAI devs) ever get to continue with the series in TES VI, I'd be pretty excited to see who are the ones moving the pieces, the players, so to speak.

2. What does Arkt mean when he says he is the "Shadow God of his world"? Does Arkt come from a destroyed world in the Shadow World, those "destroyed by imbalance"? Because, as the Lightborn cause an imbalance that would have destroyed Vyn eventually, so does the Shadow God. With the help of another one, Arkt killed Fate's Envoy (not the personication of Fate) sent to kill him, so he temporally freed himself from death. Or maybe he is from Vyn, awaiting an Envoy of Fate to kill him. But then, with a Shadow God alive, the new Lightborn cannot rise. I don't know, I am pretty confused by this one. And how it mixes with Vyn's Predestination, I simply don't know.

Those are the first questions coming to my mind for the moment. If you'd care to answer, thank you! :D
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Hi, cool that you're playing Nehrim it's still an awesome game. I can only answer your second question for now.

I think with Arkt means is that he is a shadow god of Arktwend. Iirc in the game it is explained a Shadow God is the counterpart to a lightborn so that probably means to balance their power their must be more shadow gods. Just like there are multiple lightborn there are shadow gods. He managed to escape fate and helped you too escape your ultimate fate. Your character becomes another shadow god from the ''world'' of Nehrim. In the end I believe(it was a long time ago I played this game) you sacrafice some of your powers and so some of the balance has been restored again.
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1