NEHRIM improved FPS

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
raoul
Gauner
Gauner

First,i want to congratulate all SUREAI team for the great work NEHRIM and all moders who add content or adapting OBLIVION mods for this beauty conversion.OK, the game is good,quests,almost all but is bad optimized.i have slow FPS(SPEC. I run OBLIVION at max.settings very good) Is any mod who improve the performance ,FPS,etc.? I made the low settings in NEHRIM launcher but without big results, maybe a few FPS+.i tried the mod ,,operation optimization OBMM installed in OBLIVION but nothing,maybe i miss something...If you know a mod or a method to improve FPS,or who make NEHRIM to run more smooth tell me or give me a link.Thanks in advance.
El Zoido
Ritter
Ritter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Nehrim is much more demanding on your hardware than Oblivion, esp. in some of the more crowded places, due to high level of detail.
In such places (e.g. Erothin, Abbey of Thirin) the engine will simply produce very bad fps and there's not much you can do about it.
I tested several things, what I found is:
* With a reasonably good gpu, your graphical settings don't matter much
* The drops in fps are probably due to stress on the cpu but even with a fast one (Phenom 2 Quad @ 3,4 GHz in my case) fps goes down.
* Disabling distant buildings in the launcher had the biggest effect for me
* Installing the Oblivion Stutter Remover (together with OBSE) helped a bit, but don't expect any wonders

So, if you are on a reasonable pc and just somewhere out in the woods, some dungeon or a small settlement usually you should get good fps, but don't be surprised if fps drops below 25 or even lower in some places.
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1