Nehrim won't launch, gives me a weird error

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Jaythelord
Bettler
Bettler

So I just downloaded and installed Nehrim into my C: folder and tried to launch it. The problem is, it says 'Application load error 5:0000065434 every time. Any ideas? I have the Steam version of Oblivion, if that helps.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

That is a common problem with Steam ;-)

1. If you have Win Vista or higher pls make sure to NOT install Nehrim directly into your Program Files or Program files 86 folders.

This is important whether you have Steam or not, as Windows Installer in these versions can run into problems and not copy the whole data needed if you install them directly into these folders.

If you have done it otherwise I would advise to deinstall and reinstall it to hinder other problems after it runs ^^

2. Now to the for you important part: first copy you Oblivion folder and save it somewhere safe :lol:
The go into your Nehrim folder and copy everything in there.

3. Then go to your original Oblivion folder in Steam and paste all these folders and files from the Nehrim folder into it (and if it asks you to copy over some other files hit Yes).

4. The last step: start Oblivion with Steam like usual but hit <Data files> in the Oblivion launcher like you would install other mods, you need to manually uncheck the Oblivion.esm and .esp (+sadly all other .esp files in there if you have any more) then check the Nehrim.esm and Nehrim.esp and then start Oblivion. Now you should get the Nehrim main menu :)

This really weird way to install is unfortunately the only known way how to install and play Nehrim with Steam, for Enderal things will be easier ;-)
Jaythelord
Bettler
Bettler

Is it supposed to look like it had almost no area textures? almost everything looks either black or purple... Does it need any other mods or something?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Do you have HDR on in your graphic settings? If so turn it off.

If not or if it doesn't go pls away post a screen here.
Jaythelord
Bettler
Bettler

I turned HDR off, yes. I also disabled Qaurl's Texture Pack 3 just in case, and tried launching the game using the Nehrim launcher. Also. it doesn't let me upload the screenshot.

I'm gonna do a clean reinstall and see if that works.
Jaythelord
Bettler
Bettler

Okay, I did a clear reinstall of both Oblivion and Nehrim. Same problem, but worse.Now every character has missing textures too. Does the mod need the resources of other mods as well? I followed the readme and everything, but still no go. I love the look of Nehrim, but I certainly hope Enderal doesn't suffer from these problems.

Steam is a pain to modders sometimes :/
Jaythelord
Bettler
Bettler

Okay, I did a clear reinstall of both Oblivion and Nehrim. Same problem, but worse.Now every character has missing textures too. Does the mod need the resources of other mods as well? I followed the readme and everything, but still no go. I love the look of Nehrim, but I certainly hope Enderal doesn't suffer from these problems.

Tealor Arantheal
Hoher
Hoher
Danksagung erhalten: 150 Mal

I posted this initial post in the wrong topic -.-

Edit:
Jaythelord hat geschrieben:
But yes, yes it is.
I am pretty glad, that I bought a CD-Copy of Oblivion just for Nehrim. It's so much easier to install it properly.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1