NECROMUNDA mod for Fallout NV

Moderator: Moderatoren

1 Beitrag Seite 1 von 1
kinderkrieg
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

So that is my idea for a new mod. I made a post in the suggestions threads on Moddb, but I thought I might try and find some advice here as well, as Nehrim : At Fates Edge is the Gold Standard for mods. I'm not even at the 'brainstorming' stage yet, so any and all advice about modding should be useful to me. Here's the OP text from Moddb. I should mention that personally my attributes extend to reasonable English grammar and a heap of spare time, so that you might appreciate just how preliminary things are.

-----I've been playing Fallout 3 and NV for quite a while now (500+ hours combined i would estimate), but most times I play I find myself dissatisfied and end up trawling through the Nexus sites looking for new mods. It dawned on me yesterday that what I really wanted to play was in fact the FPS version of 'Necromunda', Games Workshop's tabletop RPG, and with the various Nexus mods NV's gameplay comes pretty close already.

What I would absolutely love to see is a world-space to represent the Necromundan Hive. Fallout 3 had an admirable subway system/service corridor/sewer network that I greatly enjoyed navigating. Odd, I know, in an open world RPG, that what I was looking for was essentially a sprawling corridor shooter sharing many of the RPG elements that NV already has, such as a companion system, stealth elements, factional allegiance and character customization. Essentially all that Fallout 3 and NV lacked was a sense of depth, literally verticality, which would be on a different scale altogether in a true Hive city. From the toxic chem-lakes and sedimentary millennia old decaying substructure and it's forgotten technological marvels, through the squalid labyrinth of the underhive and surrounding ash wastes, the hab-levels slums and mercantile precincts to the guild houses themselves, and on upwards to the communication relays and docks, and beyond that, acidic clouds of pollution so dense as to obscure the stars, Necromunda would be the ultimate sci-fi dungeon crawl.

If anyone is interested in creating the bare bones of Hive Necromunda, or like me shares enthusiasm for the idea, I would be very interested to hear from you at kinderkrieg@gmail.com.

GW release everything relating to Necromunda for free on their site, for those who are curious. ---
1 Beitrag Seite 1 von 1