Questions about making a mod

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Fugus
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I am making a mod that has Entropy's bound weapon damage scale based on skill level. My current changes are....

1) Change Mystic Binding to instead of a flat 25% boost to bound weapons, it instead increases bound weapon damage based on the Entropy level. Formula I am using is:

Mod Attack Damage: Value *= 1 + ConjurationMod x 0.01

At level 100 it should double the base damage of the weapons. That overall is half working (Scaling, but scaling wrong, lower than it should), but the scaling stops after 100. If I boost entropy to 110 or something the weapon damage doesn't go higher at all, even if I boost the base damage to some insane number the boost stops at level 100.

And with the Bound Bow, I have the base damage at 17, at entropy 100, it scales to 33 but again stops. But when I select an Iron Arrow, the base damage drops to 29. I thought the Arrow damage was set differently from the Bow damage.

So the Bound bow with 17 base damage and 100 Entropy SHOULD do 34 damage base with the Bound arrow doing another 8 damage to raise it to 42 damage.

What do i have wrong here?

My plans after I get this scaling done on this mod is to change Mystic Calling to a single point that scales the duration of bound weapons and summon spells based on Entropy skill and to introduce a new Mythic Spell Tome (Bound Armory) that includes the spells for a shield and the weapon types the bound weapons currently match. Plan on making it drop from the Dragon and follow the same scaling rules as the other weapons. Not sure how to do that with the shield as well.

Also want to induce different ranks of bound arrow to match the different ranks of the bound bow. Actually want the bound stuff to scale and not just get it all by spending a few memory points and not a single skill level.

Edit:

Here are some numbers: I selected and de-selected Iron arrows just to clear all Arrows from the bound bow just to get the numbers.

For the test, I had the base damage at 18 in creation kit.

Entropy level == 0 Base Damage == 18 which is what it should be.
Entropy level == 100 Base Damage == 27 which with the formula should reach 36 at level 100.
Entropy level == 200 Base Damage == 27 which is weird because it shouldn't stop when the resulting number in the formula goes over 2.00
Zuletzt geändert von Fugus am 02.10.2019 14:16, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Fugus
Gauner
Gauner

Tested with bound sword rank 5 and I haven't changed any values on the weapons at all.

Entropy 0 == 37 Damage which is where it should be.
Entropy 100 == 56 Damage which is too low as it should be at 74 damage using these numbers.
Entropy 133 == 56 Damage, against hits a wall after 100.

And with the formula:

Mod Weapon Damage = Weapon Damage x (1 + Conjuration Skill 100 x 0.01) SHOULD equal to 2 which should double it.

What am I doing wrong here?
Fugus
Gauner
Gauner

Anyone have any idea? Because I am not a major modder and I am lost on this one.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)
(i don't know anything about modding, but)
you could maybe ask at SureAI's Discord server, that's a bit more active?
Fugus
Gauner
Gauner

Ah, thank you. Forgot about that, will do that as soon as I can dedicate some time to it.
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

I don't know much about modding either, but with the lvl 100 limits, I think you might need some kind of limit unlocker. How that works, etc, I have no clue. I think there was a mod like that for Skyrim? Maybe? That made scaling past lvl 100 possible.
Fugus
Gauner
Gauner

05.10.2019 15:55Eledwen hat geschrieben:
I don't know much about modding either, but with the lvl 100 limits, I think you might need some kind of limit unlocker. How that works, etc, I have no clue. I think there was a mod like that for Skyrim? Maybe? That made scaling past lvl 100 possible.
Well, I was not talking about scaling the actual talents above 100 base. I am talking about skills or gear that boost them more.

I can get about 120 Entropy between my 100 skill rating plus my racial bonus plus the +11 Entropy rating I got from a cloth chest I have come across and my affinity.

If it allows me to actually go above 100 using those stuff, it seems like I should also benefit from that, otherwise I would like to know in advance so I just don't bother leveling all the way to 100 and just use the gear to get to that point and spend the points elsewhere.
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

That is what I meant, perhaps badly phrased. As said, I am no modder. But I think a mod not only uncapped the levels, but also uncapped the effects of skill levels above 100. I have no idea how that works, but I assumed you could take a look at that mod or ask the modder, maybe they know how to do it in the CK.
Fugus
Gauner
Gauner

05.10.2019 18:19Eledwen hat geschrieben:
That is what I meant, perhaps badly phrased. As said, I am no modder. But I think a mod not only uncapped the levels, but also uncapped the effects of skill levels above 100. I have no idea how that works, but I assumed you could take a look at that mod or ask the modder, maybe they know how to do it in the CK.
Ah, understood. But to my knowledge, I thought the game already allowed you to go over 100 in a skill level with buffs which is the part that I don't get why mine doesn't.

I in the game, I have 110 Enchanting with just skill level, racial bonus and affinity bonus. I get 43% to one of my buffs. If I throw on my gear it goes to 121 Enchanting and that same buff goes to 49%. So I know it is supposed to scale above 100.

But for some reason, the scaling of bound weapons using that simple formula does not. I am also not a modder myself, just kinda figuring this out as I go and really like Enderal and just want to address some of its shortcomings in a fashion I hope I can.

And the complete lack of scaling when it comes to magic skill levels and spells is one that really bugs me. With weapons, armor and shields, they all scale logically.

When it comes to spells, they don't scale at all (Outside of Psionics) they just get cheaper and while that is mostly fine with Elementalism as you are expected to be spamming those spells, when it comes to the stuff you don't spam, it gets completely worthless. And even then, I would prefer a change to the Elementalism enchants to allow for damage scaling as well to help keep up with the melee increases with it.

Then comes Psionics which does scale to a limited extent (But needs to scale with enchants too), we got Conjuration which isn't spammed and doesn't scale at all so putting points into is useless except for going for the Mythic spells. So would like the bound weapon damage to scale with skill level and the duration of the weapons and minions to scale with it as well. Then actually have the fortify Entropy enchant to again boost the damage of the cast spells and not just make it cheaper.

With Mentalism, none of the spells you spam and none of them scale at all either, I would like to turn it into a Cloth armor tree to actually give armor rating based on skill level to round out the armor trees and to give a reason to actually put points into it. Would also like the buffs durations to scale with level as well. The only thing that would scale with it is Spell Ward which honestly is huge mana drain no matter what you do unless you wanted to enchant specifically for it.

With Light Magic, same thing, nothing is spammed and nothing scales. Would like to see the skill level at least either start giving passive regeneration so you don't have to heal or eat as much or a passive reduction in Arcane Fever when using spells and items to the point at 100 Light Magic you are immune to the fever.

Want to see the stuff scale and I want to actually have compelling reasons to put points into a skill and not just memories.
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1