Can this be done? Advice needed re meshes swapping

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SACanuckinOz
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

I am trying to do lazy man modding here, as it looks like installing the CK for Enderal: FS is a bit of a mission.
So, hopefully one of the brilliant minds here can help me.

I have an armor modification mod. But I do not like one of the armor sets in this mods. I have a better looking mod, and would like to swap out/trade out the two sets. I have TES5Edit and NifScope as my tools (at this point).
If I rename my meshes the exact same as the armor set in the aforementioned mod, will this be sufficient? As in, will the game take whatever correctly named file it finds in the mod pathway and load that?
I tried fooling around with making my mod a master file to the armor mod, and trying to change the target that way, but no success so far.

Any better suggestions?
Or do I have to bite the bullet, and install the CK?

PS: It is a great game, and I really enjoy it so far. Yet I find the terrible Skyrim commoners clothing almost impossible to look at this stage. Which is why I am trying to find a global way of changing a clothing set, or armor set to have effect all over the game. I already found the "Belted tunic -Retex" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6051) a welcome colourful improvement.
SACanuckinOz
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

I guess I'll have to answer muself after figuring it out.
YES, just make your own override .esp and add/change any meshes you want.
Cheers
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1