Creation Kit and Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

31 Beiträge Seite 2 von 4
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Thanks for your new switching option, you can also publish your batch directly here, whether as text or archive (file attachment).
You have already pointed out possible annoying things, as well as that your version works without hardlink's. :thumbsup:
Altbert
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Thanks! I will prepare the batch file with complete instructions and then post it here. It may take some time.
Altbert
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Here is my fast and safe solution to switch between using the Creation Kit for Skyrim and Enderal. The batch file is best viewed in Notepad++ or a similar code editor.

The batch file will automatically detect the current CK setup. If the CK is setup for use with Skyrim, it will revert to Enderal and vice versa. Ofcourse you can rename the SkyrimData, EnderalData, EnderalEditor.ini and TempEditor.ini in the batch file to whatever you want, but do not rename Data and SkyrimEditor.ini, and be consistent throughout the batch file.

Feel free to translate the comments (preceded by two colons).
Dateianhänge
ck.zip
(1.05 KiB) 95-mal heruntergeladen
Screwball
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Quick question:-

In the .bat it says "... either for Skyrim LE or for Enderal Forgotten Stories". Does this method (of using the CK) work correctly with the very original version of Skyrim? I think it will, but like many others I'm concerned about messing up my Skyrim installation.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

I think for all kinds of switching a little bit of knowledge about data management is necessary, i.e. renaming, File paths, moving etc.
If you are unsure, make copies of the folders in question beforehand, which you can move back if necessary.
Skyrim LE is the 32bit version of Skyrim, i.e. the old original, the same one that Enderal uses.
(Skyrim SE, the 64-bit version, is not meant here)
If everything is done as described, it is ok, otherwise errors are possible.

If you don't dare go there, maybe it's okay.

PS:
In order to use this kind of switching for other things, you have to adapt them before
Screwball
Schurke
Schurke

Hi, I know about the 32/64 bit issue, but LE was released in 2013 is therefore not the version I bought (on 11/11/11). What I don't know is what, if any, differences there are between LE (which includes the content from the DLCs) and the original plus the actual DLCs.

Point taken about being careful with paths and such. I already have backups of the entire game - I do that periodically anyway - so hopefully I could correct any mistakes I make (but I'd rather not make any to begin with :wink: ).
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

SkyrimLE (Legendary Edition) has the DLC's with it, the simple version of Skyrim (Classic) does not have them yet.
Otherwise it is the same version, both 32bit, so both are ok for Enderal and for these tools.

SkyrimSE includes the DLC's, but this one has a slightly different engine, based on 64bit. Therefore not usable for Enderal.

I hope this will bring some clarity about the different versions.
Screwball
Schurke
Schurke

Ok, thanks - I'll give it a go and see what happens. I really would like to get the CK up and running...
Altbert
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

21.08.2020 09:06Screwball hat geschrieben:
Quick question:-

In the .bat it says "... either for Skyrim LE or for Enderal Forgotten Stories". Does this method (of using the CK) work correctly with the very original version of Skyrim? I think it will, but like many others I'm concerned about messing up my Skyrim installation.
If you are unsure about using the batch file, you can also use the following method:

Make a copy of your Enderal Data folder and the SkyrimEditor.ini (from the QuickFix file) in a folder outside the Enderal folders. Rename the Data folder to EnderalData and the .ini file to EnderalEditor.ini. Then copy both to the Skyrim folder(.../Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/). You now have 2 data folders (EnderalData and Data) and 2 .ini files (EnderalEditor.ini and SkyrimEditor.ini) in your Skyrim folder, where also CreationKit.exe resides.

If you want to use the CK for Enderal:
1. Rename the Data folder to SkyrimData
2. Rename SkyrimEditor.ini to TempEditor.ini
3.Rename the EnderalData folder to Data
4. Rename the EnderalEditor.ini to SkyrimEditor.ini

If you want to return to using the CK for Skyrim:
1. Rename the Data folder to EnderalData
2. Rename the SkyrimEditor.ini to EnderalEditor.ini
3. Rename the SkyrimData folder to Data
4. Rename the TempEditor.ini to SkyrimEditor.ini

Principally this is all that the batch file does, although I have noticed that the renaming sometimes may fail (Win 10 problem?).
No changes are made to your Skyrim installation, where the QuickFix solution may make changes to your installation if not used properly (for instance using Unlink twice as mentioned by Stephanie). Another con of QuickFix is that you have to uninstall and re-install the CK.
Screwball
Schurke
Schurke

Hi there - thanks for the info.

Fyi I've not downloaded the Quickfix - I really didn't like the idea of using symlinks for this, though I can understand the suggestion.
I need to check the .bat again and read it carefully (or more carefully...) and have another go at it.

Cheers.
31 Beiträge Seite 2 von 4