[spoiler] Need more options for some conversations

Moderator: Moderatoren

1 Beitrag Seite 1 von 1
Uthael
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

The character I play is very into starling culture and technology. But the quests involving that lack some conversation options.
Firstly, I wanted to say some things in Apotheosis and ask more about Horst. The situation wasn't as serious so I let it slide.

Then, in Forgotten Homeland I had a problem with this Kazaortatakajape guy (I was focused on pronouncing it correctly and forgot his first name). I could only appear savage or tell the old man that he's overthinking it. I chose "you'll regret this, I'll make sure of it" and he activated the alarm. There was no option to agree with him. He just wanted us gone. I would have told him that we're almost done and that we can leave soon. We could send Gertrude back to him since nobody has to pilot her.
Magistra Yaela died because of this lack of dialogue choices. Talked to her before and we share the same interests and the view of the world. Real shame. Would've really liked to prevent that.

And finally, the quest Fleshless. This is the worst offender and I have to protest! This is my first time playing the storyline and this is so important that the game is paused in the background. The Cleansing is happening and I'm looking for Jespar. But once again, I was left choosing to say/do what I don't like.

The following are (my thoughts) and what I would have liked to say in my conversation with The Black Guardian:
--------------------------------------------------------
I know you! This Goliath is the past version of Horst! And seeing you here, that means our current Horst, in its much smaller form, must be finished by now! It had already walked once and just needed some small repairs weeks ago. I know. I had helped it come to life.

(...)

No! I'm not shutting you down!
How about I return after the cleansing is done and help finish the Goliath? With the help of your Eye, we could locate Yerai. Yerai is the name of the soul within Horst. He could help building you, too! I'm sure he'd be thrilled to see you. You'd finally be able to move!

(I didn't press the button. Taking my leave, the portal I came through doesn't work. Looking back on this, I didn't even try the Return spell or teleport scrolls. As I'm returning, other things to say come to mind.)

I just remembered Kazaortatakajape! He had built a ship, Gertrude, all on his own! I still have a teleport scroll of his to get me into his workshop here. There must be some stuff that would let us accelerate the process of building your frame. Maybe even some parts of his spiderlings were left. We could build some of those. Actually! - If I'm going back up, I might just meet him again.

(Pushed the button, he's telling me that he's swapping with me. Feeling pity for his millenia of paralysis and while listening ho his reasoning, I accept that fate. If a dialogue pops up to fight it, I'll choose not to. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next because, knowing how the game engine works, I could skip time between events. I figure that this might also probably mean the end of the game, but maybe he finds the inactive Horst and I could continue playing in that body. ... Calia interrupts the transfer.)

(Forgetting about my relationship with her)
Calia, no! He's on our side! He's also against the High Ones!

(Situation escalates and the game assumes I want to kill The Black Guardian. ... Why did he lie about Calia being dead, anyway? I promised to Calia that, after the beacon is lit, we would not surrender or fight, but flee. The Black Guardian obviously knows this and would probably use it to encourage me further. I probably would have pushed the button easier if I knew Calia were alive.)
----------------------------------

There. Now I can return to searching Jespar. He's probably burning inside-out somewhere nearby. Only this time, it's not strong alcohol.

EDIT: Despite some floating humanoid shape above him, the archmagister is alive and I would've dragged him into my capsule with me. But I didn't have that choice.

Contrary to him, Jespar and Arantheal didn't show up on "Detect Life" spell. I relied too much on the spell and assumed that they bugged out. Resorted to Google to find them. But not showing up on Detect Life probably means their souls left already their bodies anyway.

Still, would've liked to save the archmagister. Started playing around. Tried "defilibrating" him with a shock spell. He got onto his knee, staggered and stood up shortly after. Other than that, still no reaction. Healing target didn't work either.

P.S.: Killing the Black Guardian against his will and without a good reason to do so was one of the worst experiences in gaming in general. Right next to some forgotten choices in Mass Effect. Other than that, great game!
1 Beitrag Seite 1 von 1