Bug in Angel - Calia can't be interacted with 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
latetothegame
Bettler
Bettler

Hi, I've been enjoying this game a lot so far but I've ran into a problem that I think is a bug.

I was playing Angel for the first time, and I got to 'Tell Calia about the vision', which (I assume) requires interacting with her and pressing dialogue. This happens in the child's room when you are searching for information to unlock the gate with the two passwords. I did manage to interact with the book, which played the scene about reading it to the child as expected. I think Calia is stuck somehow, since everything else seemed to work.

When I interact with her, nothing happens. Based on what I've read about people running into similar issues, I probably accidentally triggered something in the wrong order somehow and it's locked up the script.

My save is attached. The only 'cheat' i used was 'fov 105 105' whenever I open the game.

I really hope everything I wrote isn't just about to be eaten by a spam filter or something. Anyway, love the game so far!
Dateianhänge
angel_stuck_calia.zip
(1.77 MiB) 12-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Hello latetothegame

Do you have please a other savegames or really ONLY this one?
Relying only on autosaves and quicksaves is extremely dangerous in Skyrim, and therefore also in Enderal,
because they can be damaged and not every error is immediately recognizable.
Therefore, many different saves are highly recommended

Unfortunately, we cannot rescue the savegame without further ado (not even with console).
However, reloading an older save usually solves such problems, at least if they occurred before the last quest trigger.
Have you ever left the castle in the meantime, for whatever reason?
latetothegame
Bettler
Bettler

Unfortunately this is the only save I have. It seems that other people have had the same problem as mine in this area (https://old.reddit.com/r/enderal/commen ... _dialogue/) and have found some kind of solution, but unfortunately the 'quick and dirty fix' mentioned at http://sureai.net:9898/browse/ERB-484 is no longer accessible due to link rot.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 623 Mal

hi, we have some unexpectedly good news:

we were able to beat your save into submission and get you into the library :)
(the save's in front of the door)
BUT
you loose some pretty important scenes/visions so you might want to look up a let's play of that quest.

please keep more manual saves in the future / activate your autosaves.
(i'm not your boss, but it will make things easier :dumb: )
and do let us know if there are any further issues!
Dateianhänge
saves.zip
(1.78 MiB) 4-mal heruntergeladen
latetothegame
Bettler
Bettler

Wow! Your fix worked perfectly, and I can talk to Calia again after finishing the quest. Thanks for sacrificing your time to help me out.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 623 Mal

awesome, we're glad it worked out :)

and we're always eager to help with issues like that (honestly it's fun :P),
it mostly just sucks for the player if we can't help and if they don't have any save to fall back on
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1