Is it possible to change the result of an already completed quest using console commands?

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Cirilla334
Bettler
Bettler

[Spoilers for the Rhalâta quest line]

In my walkthrough, Tharaêl committed suicide because I didn't spare Qalian in "Qalian's Last Smile" quest. I read that he could be talked out of suicide and would go to the protagonist's house. But I passed this quest line a long time ago and there's no way I can change anything. So... is it possible to change the events that happened using console commands? I don't know, something to make the game *think* I saved him and have him show up at the protagonist's house with new dialogs?

Or maybe there's some kind of save editor where I can change the decisions I've made?

Or maybe there is a way to reset all Rhalâta related quests?

I'm ready to make a backup save file and try any *risky* options.
But I'm not ready to start a new game for this quest line, I've been done too many other quests...
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Hello Cirilla334
[+] Rhaálata-Spoiler
There are some places you can change, but if you wish to see Qualian dead, it is not recommended to change the final result afterwards. This also applies to some events in the orphanage.
Also: resurrecting a quest NPC will not work because the running scripts and IDs will be changed.
So if Thárael is dead, he can't be revived for quest.
Of course you could bring a new Tharael into the house via mod, but that might not be what you want.
Because of something like this and also because of possible bugs of the engine we always recommend: create many different fixed savegames.
Cirilla334
Bettler
Bettler

There are some places you can change, but if you wish to see Qualian dead, it is not recommended to change the final result afterwards. This also applies to some events in the orphanage.
Also: resurrecting a quest NPC will not work because the running scripts and IDs will be changed.
So if Thárael is dead, he can't be revived for quest.
No, I don't wish to see Qalian dead, I just didn't try to stop Tharaêl from doing it. But if changing it would help bring Tharaêl back, that's okay. The rest of the right conditions for a good ending have been done, but this moment... damn. I see on the internet that this could have been changed before the last dialogue with him in the "Dark Chambers of our Mind" quest, but it's too late for me...
So if he can't be revived, can I just restart his quests so I can complete it normally? I saw the console command "resetquest questid", can it help me?
Of course you could bring a new Tharael into the house via mod, but that might not be what you want.
Hmm, which mod are you referring to?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

If the quest NPCs are dead or revived, the quest will be buggy, it's not an option to just restart the quest.

When I wrote "mod" I meant that you can create a new mod with a Tharael copy.
[+] Spoiler
in the optional solution where Tharael lives, he is only in your house in the noble district (if any), don't expect more
Cirilla334
Bettler
Bettler

Very sad that there is no way to do anything at all
Unfortunately, I don't know how to make mods for this game, so I'll have to look for a save where this quest line is not completed
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1