"Dreams of the Dead" started prematurely? 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Chillian
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I don't know if this is a bug or not. According to the wiki, this quest was to arrive via a messenger with a note on my return to the Sun Temple after I collected all 3 Black Stones. The messenger and quest actually arrived before I began any of the subquests to retrieve them, although it was after a delay of several game days and immediately on my entrance to the Temple via signpost. (I'm also in the middle of Scorpion and Lion. Dijaam is currently languishing in prison. I found I needed to level some more and get better equipped to handle that last fight.)

I'm only bringing it up because the note told me to meet Lexil in the Chronicum, but I actually found him at the Beacon, where I presume he would normally be to receive the Black Stones. There was also no quest marker on either my compass or map even though I was trying to show them, and the quest was among those listed at random map transitions (or whatever you call them) within Ark. So I figure the quest probably began at the wrong time and the map was confused. I was able to complete it with no problem once I found Lexil.

I have a save from before Dreams of the Dead began, so I can provide it if necessary.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)

yeah, could you please upload a save from before starting the Quest,
and a new one?
thank you :)
Chillian
Schurke
Schurke

Here they are.

In "Before" I am about to complete "A Touching Effigy", have not finished "Scorpion and Lion", and "Dreams of the Dead" has not yet started. In "Current" I've completed all three.
Dateianhänge
Current.rar
(2.01 MiB) 48-mal heruntergeladen
Before.rar
(1.82 MiB) 49-mal heruntergeladen
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Then the wiki might contain wrong information on how and when the quest starts. Dreams of the Dead starts (invisible in the quest log) after you get the notes from Lexil. However, the messenger will not arrive until at least 12 hours of in-game time later. It's fine that you did the quests in that particular order and it shouldn't cause any bugs.
Chillian
Schurke
Schurke

Good to know. However, the quest markers were malfunctioning as reported, and the note does say to find Lexil in the Chronicum when he's not actually there. Between the two it made it difficult to find him, until it occurred to me the story would probably require him to be at the Beacon at that point.

I can try reloading the old save and reproducing the error, if you like. (Although, given my experience with such things, it will no doubt look fine if I'm trying to make it happen on purpose.)
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1