cant beat final quest. very unclear what to do. extermely frustrating. 

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
dlroworld
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I am in the final quest. I have spent an hour or more fighting off about 50 waves of arps. My potions are just about drained. I have no more soul gems for my weapons. There seems to be no end. there are no quest markers. its just the same crap happening in seemingly endless circles. I must express how frustrating the lack of clarity as to what to do is. Quest markers would be nice too.

I must express that this is BY FAR the must tedious most un-fun final quest that I have ever endured in an RPG game. I mean, seriously, this is complete bullshit. Is this supposed to be fun or just simply long and tedious?

The walk-through is similarly unclear. It says that I should be able to "kill" (without telling me how) the generators after four waves of arps. but I am on maybe my 50th wave with no end in sight. It just seems to be a circular process that keeps going until I run out of potions.

Also, why are there no quest markers on the generates. I'm still not sure it I'm hitting the right thing, if hitting it is what I am supposed to it and how many times this process is supposed to repeat itself.

This is extremely frustrating and I just want to finish this stupid quest.

Also, the long ass talk prior to the quest should not have been a F'ing HALF HOUR!! I totally stopped paying attention to the dialogue after a certain point and actually started doing minor tasks in the room to kill time.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)
14.02.2020 08:43dlroworld hat geschrieben:
I am in the final quest. I have spent an hour or more fighting off about 50 waves of arps. [...]
(moved to questsupport, just quoting to make sure you're getting notified)

your companion should actually tell you what to do, and when - hit the glowing generators.
(or hit them at times when they don't glow)
(maybe turn on the subtitles?)
if they don't, there's a diffenerent issue.

it shouldn't matter if you hit them with magic or weapons,
but you should get a percentage shown on how much damage you did.

do you have any mods installed that might in any way influence that?
dlroworld
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I was finally able to finish this quest, but it took me about three hours (literally) of fight off untold numbers of waves of arps, re-loading prior saves after running out of potions after fighting off untold numbers of arps, and looking up every walkthrough I could find on the web before I was even sure if I was doing the quest correctly. I thought my game might have been bugged and that the quest just simply wasn't advancing. My game wasn't bugged, I just wasn't doing the quest correctly the whole time because the game didn't make it clear to me what I was supposed to do. I even attempted to force-advance the quest using console commands; the very first time I ever felt like such a thing was necessary, even after having played Morrowind, Oblivion, Nehrim and Skyrim. What was most frustrating was that there is a very simply fix that could have clarified things for me: quest markers. If a quest marker appeared on one of the generators each time we have the chance to attack them in between arp respawnings, then if the quest marker were to switch over to the other generator after the first generator was destroyed, that would have made things so much more clear as to what I was supposed to do.

IF ANYBODY WITH MY PROBLEM FINDS THIS THREAD AND NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO COMPLETE THIS QUEST:

-I found it helpful to turn off the music so I could hear Jespar/Calia better. They give you commands that can help.

-The generators are those two large, barrel-shaped things that are on each side of the platform that extends out to the switchboards as you face the Black Guardian. They glow blueish-white while there are monsters present but stop glowing when it is your chance to attack them -- in between monster respawnings.

-You can use any weapon to attack the generators; melee, bow or magic.

-The generators can only be damaged when they are not glowing – after the prior wave of monsters has been killed but before the next wave respawns.

HOW TO DO IT: After you kill off the first wave of monsters, you can start attacking one of the generators; it doesn't matter which one you start with. You will then destroy that one generator half-way before another wave of monsters appear. Kill the next wave of monsters. Then go back to THE SAME generator that you have already started working on and this time you should be able completely destroy it. If you don't destroy it this round, keep going back to the same generator until it is destroyed. You will know when a generator is destroyed because flames and smoke will start coming out of the top of it. Once you have destroyed one generator, you do the same thing to the other: Hit the generator and damage it down to 50%, then the monsters will respawn again, kill them, then hit the generator down to 100% and the quest should be completed.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1