Tharael doesn't fight Lost Fleshmaggot Sufferers [spoiler]

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

In the quest Old Wounds, when I enter Glimmerdust Lane, Tharael kneels down to examine a dead highwayman, and I am attacked by 4 powerful Lost Fleshmaggot Sufferers. Tharael doesn't get involved in the fight, he keeps kneeling down at the dead highwayman, the Sufferers ignore him and all attack me. That seems a bit odd. Why doesn't he help?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

did you try to reload from the previous area?
(or dou you have any mods installed? if so, disable them)

if that doesn't work upload a savegame please :)
Cirra
Ritter
Ritter
Danksagung erhalten: 74 Mal

I had the same problem in this situation. He wants to finish his line first (something about 'they wanted to loot the place, now look at them') but that happens only if there is no fight going on. Sadly as he approaches the dead bodies, he is the one that attracks all the enemies. :P

Only way out was for me to fight my way out there alone. An don't attrack any more enemies, there are tons of them just around the corner. :lol:
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

no mods. Here is a save I just made right before entering Glimmerdust Lane. Sometimes Tharael gets to the bottom of the stairs and shouts ENEMIES (seeing the dead highwaymen), sometimes he shouts LOOK OUT. If I stand at the bottom of the stairs, sometimes as the first Lost appears, Tharael kneels down at the dead highwayman and the Lost attacks me. Sometimes he kneels down and the Lost attacks him, but he doesn't fight and gets hacked into unconsciousness. Sometimes he fights the Lost before he kneels down, sometimes he kneels and finishes saying "Looters....you go on ahead" before the Lost reaches us in which case he fights the Lost. I tried this about 10 times and there seem to be many possible combinations of triggers as to where I am, how close I am to Tharael, whether I attack the Lost as soon as I see him, or just wait.
Dateianhänge
Save 32 - Smoki Undercity Marketplace 36.12.48.zip
(1.86 MiB) 65-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hm, tried your save and he attacks the Lost Ones as soon as he's finished with the highwaymen :?:

- don't attack, retreat back to the door when they approach,
that way he should have enough time to make sure the bodies are indeed dead
(just for testing purposes, maybe try to wait upstairs with godmode),
or, better,
- (load an earlier save and) come back in like 10+ levels (the area is doable with your level, but probably not much fun ;) )

if he really doesn't do anything on your side,try to check the game files :)

edit:
tried again, he really seems to have some issues when the player is in combat :/
sneak down the stairs, wait for him to finish, hope for the best.
I' ll open a ticket in the bugtracker :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Oh, I eventually got past that spot yesterday, but I retreated back out the door and one of the Lost followed me. He killed a couple of named local people, but finally an 8-year old boy with no armor took him down with his bare hands. Interesting balancing. (OK, I suppose I'm not expected to retreat out of Glimmerdust Lane, but I was surprised one of the Lost followed me. Hope I won't need either of those 2 dead locals.)
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1