Error code on steam launch: no licenses 

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
biffsteelchin
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hello all,
I have had both regular enderal and special edition installed on my pc for many months. Today, when i tried to launch the special edition within steam, i received an error code that said "Failure: No Licenses". The regular edition launches correctly. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can repair this situation? Also, Skyrim SE launches correctly.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

If you have Skyrim SE in your Steam library (it doesn't have to be installed), this error message should not appear.
This is normally checked every time you start Enderal SE.
It is possible that the problem is on the Steam side. We can't help you with that and you have to contact Steam support.
biffsteelchin
Bettler
Bettler

So it turns out i bought Skyrim SE from GOG and enderal SE via Steam. Currently trying to figure out how they got disconnected and how to resolve. Any suggestions would be very welcome, but even if not, thanks for responding.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

If you have Skyrim SE on GOG you can download the GOG version of Enderal SE there (also free like on Steam).
biffsteelchin
Bettler
Bettler

I tried that after I read that GoG Connect is no longer working with Steam. This is probably the reason why Steam can't find the license, although I can still play Skyrim SE on Steam.
However, when I searched for Enderal on GoG I could only find the original, not SE.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

25.07.2023 13:09biffsteelchin hat geschrieben:
However, when I searched for Enderal on GoG I could only find the original, not SE.
No. The GOG version is the Enderal Special Edition!
It's not explicitly stated in the title, but you can see it because the Skyrim Special Edition on GOG is mentioned below as a requirement :wink:
Skyrim Special Edition needs to be owned on GOG but it does not have to be installed to run the mod
The Enderal classic is not available on GOG.
biffsteelchin
Bettler
Bettler

That's great! I downloaded it and am finally able to play. Thanks very much for the help and the quick responses. Cheers!
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1