Quest - Part of Something Momentous, Part II Not starting 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
o.w.matter
Bettler
Bettler

Howdy, all,

Trying to play through the main quest, just finished Part of Something Momentous, Part I, but Part II won't start. I have the package to give to Jorek, and Part I is marked as completed, but Part II will not start for me at all. I first tried reloading before Part I finished to see if I could get it to trigger but no dice. I tried a few different console commands to see if I could get it to trigger, but nothing happened. I tried using the Myard to travel to the border to see if maybe Jorek was there and I could kickstart the quest by talking to him but he has not spawned. I did a bunch of searching and found a lot of older bugs for this quest, but nothing I could find mentions this problem.

I have 2 mods installed from the Steam Workshop: Fast Travel Enabler and Interesting Mod (removes the interest rate cap). I don't think those would affect this, but I'm no expert. Last thing I can think to mention is that I did not receive any EXP from completing Part I. Like I said, it is marked as completed in my journal so I think it finished. Not sure if I'm meant to receive EXP at the end of Part I or not.

Thanks in advance.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Hello o.w.matter and welcome to the forum :)

Which version of the game are you playing, Enderal FS (Classic) or the Enderal Special Edition?

Have you ever used console commands before?
Basically, be careful with it. Some (such as setstage) can cause permanent errors that also write themselves into the savegame.

Please send us a suitable savegame. Then we are able to see if we can reproduce the problem.

Preferably a recent one and one before the completion of Part 1.

You can find them for the Classic version under: C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal\Saves
or for the Special Edition under: C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal Special Edition\Saves

We'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file.
Best a manual save (no auto or quicksave).

Pack both to a zip or rar archive (the forum software doesn't accept *.skse format).
o.w.matter
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the quick reply! I am playing Enderal FS on Steam. I have used console commands to give pennies, and possibly once used "tcl" to get out from an area I was stuck in, but that is it. When I did try using "setstage" to jumpstart the quest it was only after it failed to trigger and I made a manual save first so I could reload to a point before that if it didn't work, so the attached saves should have have had "player.additem" and possibly "tcl" used only, not "setstage" or anything else.

And of course, as I was making the attached saves before talking to Arantheal, I decided to try one more time and this time Part II triggered. Not sure what, if anything, I did differently, but the problem appears to be solved... I'm still attaching the saves for you in case you want to look into it still, or in case someone else has a similar problem, but it seems to have solved itself for me.

Thanks again.
Dateianhänge
Saves.7z
(1.18 MiB) 76-mal heruntergeladen
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Great that it works for you now :thumbsup:

I have tested your save myself and it works perfectly for me (without any Mods).

Console commands like player.additem or tcl don't usually cause such problems.

What I recommend: the FastTravel mod from the workshop is outdated. In the past it could cause such problems if used at the wrong time.
Better use the latest one from JustChill by nexusmods (from March 2021).
However, I cannot say whether this was the cause in your case.

Basically, however, I recommend not using this mod too often. Because you can miss a lot in the world (the world of Enderal is fuller than in Skyrim).
o.w.matter
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the advice! I try to use it sparingly, and I'll look into that other version you recommend.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Good :)
Better use the travel options provided in the game (signposts in Ark or the Myrads, the teleport scrolls or the Mark and Return spell you can buy in Ark).
Explore a lot on foot, even if it takes longer. Otherwise you will miss some side quests and many good items ;-)
Enderal is also meant for exploring. Even off the regular paths.
You don't have to play this way to finish the game but it's worth it ;-)

Privately, I have also used the Fast Travel Mod (we always test savegames without mods to see if the save is possibly already damaged. That is then very bad...)
But not in my first run ;-) !

In general, if you want explanations, I recommend the Wiki (spoilers!).

Otherwise, I can also recommend the SureAI Discord server for exchanges with us and other players.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1