Can't progress the quest "A New Beginning" 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Aaravos
Bettler
Bettler

Everything is fine until i talk with Finn and Carbos, after they talk they just stare each other. I am not very good at modding so i am sure i messed up somewhere but i have no idea where. I saw someone with the exact problem on this forum but the solution didn't help. I really want to play this pls help :cry:
Dateianhänge
Saves.rar
(905.94 KiB) 43-mal heruntergeladen
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

I can't even load your quicksave without the game crashing immediately without your Mods (tip: make manual saves often!!!) :thumbsdown:

The cause of your problem is certainly one or more of your mods.
Which one it is is not easy to find out. Pure texture mods usually don't cause problems.
Possibly EGO :?:

Unfortunately, you will have to find out which mod(s) are causing the problem by deactivating them in the launcher (Data files - uncheck and confirm). Then you have to test them.

The best way would be to try it out with a previous save (a manual one if possible).

This can be time-consuming but there is no other solution :roll:
It would be bad if your saves were already damaged :thumbsdown:
KuroPurple
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 21 Mal

30.12.2022 20:58Aaravos hat geschrieben:
I am not very good at modding so i am sure i messed up somewhere
Hi,

I'm afraid but that's was most likely happened. The good news: You're still very early in the game. It would be worse if it happened after like 100 hours or so. You might consider starting over after fixing the issue because there might be more (and to be honest: replaying like an hour of the game is probably faster than trying to troubleshoot this for hours).

People here don't have your mod setup (which is why it's always good to add a modlist instead of making it necessary to get it out of a savegame) and test saves without any mods. However: Having a modlist wouldn't necessarily help as people here don't know right away which mods might cause issues.

I haven't tested your save to begin with but somebody "extracted" the modlist so I saw the majority of them.

The reason for your issue could be a lot of different things: incompatible mod (especially Skyrim mods), issues with animation mods, scripts, other mods changing something there which might not even be obvious, wrong version of mods or using the console (Enderal is very picky about using console that's why you should never use it). You could try disabling all your mods (maybe except for the EGO main file) and check if that solves the issue. But before that you might actually want to create a real save. Quick-/Autosaves can have issues too. Preferably you choose a prior regular save for doing this. If it works without the additional mods you can try starting to find the culprit.

And to tell the truth: I have some question marks above my head about what you did.
I see several mods from the Path of the Prophet Collection by Ixion. Did you want to install it and left out half of the mods or just "picked a few"? That's not how Collections work. Ixions Collection is a thing that works "as it is" and it's why you take it as it is. If you're unexperienced in regards to modding you might consider installing only the Collection and no additions to it (unless you know what you're doing). Because adding or removing mods from Collections can cause issues as the Collection was tested "as it is".

And if you're not experienced with modding I would recommend to stick to that Collection and nothing else if you want to use mods.
However: Don't just add the missing mods to your current playthrough. That won't work. You might consider starting over in regards to modding and your playthrough (as I said: you're still very early), because if your mods are messed up the issue with Finn and Carbos might be the only one you see right away but there might be other ones already in your save.

If you want to use the Collection: Remove all the mods in your mod manager (assuming you're using one). And with that I mean to uninstall them. And then download only the Collection.

If you actually have installed the Collection: You're missing mods and have added additional ones. Reinstall the collection and check if that solves the issue. However: As you are missing quite a few mods in this case you might consider starting a new game too.

If you want to pick your mods: There are tutorials on youtube how to add mods to Skyrim the proper way (including topics like load order or fnis and so on). While lots of Skyrim mods don't work with Enderal the general rules for modding are the same for both.

As you seem to use the Russian version: If it's easier for you to communicate there's a Russian forum for Enderal too:
https://bethplanet.ru/enderal

If it's an issue with the Path of the Prophet Collection you can ask on Ixion's Discord too:
https://discord.gg/76EDP9BDHC

Greetings KuroPurple
Aaravos
Bettler
Bettler

30.12.2022 21:30Kermit 61 hat geschrieben:
I can't even load your quicksave without the game crashing immediately without your Mods (tip: make manual saves often!!!) :thumbsdown:

The cause of your problem is certainly one or more of your mods.
Which one it is is not easy to find out. Pure texture mods usually don't cause problems.
Possibly EGO :?:

Unfortunately, you will have to find out which mod(s) are causing the problem by deactivating them in the launcher (Data files - uncheck and confirm). Then you have to test them.

The best way would be to try it out with a previous save (a manual one if possible).

This can be time-consuming but there is no other solution :roll:
It would be bad if your saves were already damaged :thumbsdown:
Thank you for the quick answer! I was leaving it as a last resort but it seems i have to try deactivating, thanks once again.
Aaravos
Bettler
Bettler

31.12.2022 00:18KuroPurple hat geschrieben:
30.12.2022 20:58Aaravos hat geschrieben:
I am not very good at modding so i am sure i messed up somewhere
Hi,

I'm afraid but that's was most likely happened. The good news: You're still very early in the game. It would be worse if it happened after like 100 hours or so. You might consider starting over after fixing the issue because there might be more (and to be honest: replaying like an hour of the game is probably faster than trying to troubleshoot this for hours).

People here don't have your mod setup (which is why it's always good to add a modlist instead of making it necessary to get it out of a savegame) and test saves without any mods. However: Having a modlist wouldn't necessarily help as people here don't know right away which mods might cause issues.

I haven't tested your save to begin with but somebody "extracted" the modlist so I saw the majority of them.

The reason for your issue could be a lot of different things: incompatible mod (especially Skyrim mods), issues with animation mods, scripts, other mods changing something there which might not even be obvious, wrong version of mods or using the console (Enderal is very picky about using console that's why you should never use it). You could try disabling all your mods (maybe except for the EGO main file) and check if that solves the issue. But before that you might actually want to create a real save. Quick-/Autosaves can have issues too. Preferably you choose a prior regular save for doing this. If it works without the additional mods you can try starting to find the culprit.

And to tell the truth: I have some question marks above my head about what you did.
I see several mods from the Path of the Prophet Collection by Ixion. Did you want to install it and left out half of the mods or just "picked a few"? That's not how Collections work. Ixions Collection is a thing that works "as it is" and it's why you take it as it is. If you're unexperienced in regards to modding you might consider installing only the Collection and no additions to it (unless you know what you're doing). Because adding or removing mods from Collections can cause issues as the Collection was tested "as it is".

And if you're not experienced with modding I would recommend to stick to that Collection and nothing else if you want to use mods.
However: Don't just add the missing mods to your current playthrough. That won't work. You might consider starting over in regards to modding and your playthrough (as I said: you're still very early), because if your mods are messed up the issue with Finn and Carbos might be the only one you see right away but there might be other ones already in your save.

If you want to use the Collection: Remove all the mods in your mod manager (assuming you're using one). And with that I mean to uninstall them. And then download only the Collection.

If you actually have installed the Collection: You're missing mods and have added additional ones. Reinstall the collection and check if that solves the issue. However: As you are missing quite a few mods in this case you might consider starting a new game too.

If you want to pick your mods: There are tutorials on youtube how to add mods to Skyrim the proper way (including topics like load order or fnis and so on). While lots of Skyrim mods don't work with Enderal the general rules for modding are the same for both.

As you seem to use the Russian version: If it's easier for you to communicate there's a Russian forum for Enderal too:
https://bethplanet.ru/enderal

If it's an issue with the Path of the Prophet Collection you can ask on Ixion's Discord too:
https://discord.gg/76EDP9BDHC

Greetings KuroPurple
There was this another collection, Somnium i think that piqued my interest, so i downloaded nearly 800 mods only to find out game version and collection version is not compatible.... That collection had some mods that made no sense so i just wanted to pick things that looked cool to me. So yeah this modlist is pretty much me being frustrated about the collection that didn't work and trying to make something decent. Thank you so much for your suggestions, if things don't work i might just switch to Path of the Prophet.
KuroPurple
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 21 Mal

Hi,

that's what I thought that you might have "picked" or "mixed" a collection.

If you would be like 5 minutes before the end it might be worth a try to "rescue" it somehow (not in a good way), but considering you play Enderal for like 100 hours if you thoroughly explore it, it's not worth to try it that early. Especially if one would for example try to fix your issue now with console it might cause additional issues, which you might not see now but might have consequences in like 40 hours (hence the "Don't use console").

For collection it's "all or nothing" or plan some time and learn how to make your own setup. There are mods in those collections which can be used without the other parts without issues and there are others, where leaving out things will result in trouble like you have it now.

Just take your time and decide which way you want to go in that regard. But before you install anything new, make sure to "clean up" everything (uninstalling the mods you're currently using). Because you don't want any "leftovers" causing issues. :)

Greetings KuroPurple
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1