Tealor Arantheal won't open the door (Black Light, part 2) 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
nechojak
Bettler
Bettler

I'm at the part of the quest where the Nehrimise have invaded the town and you follow Arantheal for a bit. You find that the gate is jammed and you and he have to fix it. In a video of someone else's playthrough, I saw what was supposed to happen: Arantheal opens the door and you follow him through it.

In my game, he instead runs to the right of the door and just stands there, facing the wall. I can talk to him but he doesn't have anything of note to say. I tried going through the door but it's barred from the other side for some reason??? So I'm stuck.

I tried reloading an old save (specifically just before the fight with the Oorbaya that Rynéus turns into). I redid the fight, teleported to the Sun temple (using a scroll) to do a few errands and stock up on potions, sleep for an hour to heal, etc. Then I gave the black stone to the monocle dude and redid everything all over again only to have him ONCE AGAIN go to the right of the door instead of opening it.

I don't use mods, I have the Special Edition version of the game, and I didn't mess with console commands during this quest. Save file attached.

Edit: Used a more recent save file
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi,
that sounds bad, and we're always happy to help.
21.02.2022 16:05nechojak hat geschrieben:
Save file attached.
ah, no :dumb:
nechojak
Bettler
Bettler

Ok, save file should be attached now, sorry! x.x
Dateianhänge
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

yeah, Arantheal seems stuck - but you don't need to worry about him,
you can just use the third door in the room, that one is open.

when you're coming back outside he should be back to normal, the quest continued as it's supposed to :)
nechojak
Bettler
Bettler

I... did not notice that door. My bad, thanks for helping out and replying so quickly! :oops:
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

no worries :)
if that's any consolation, i tried to get Arantheal to work because I forgot about that door.
i'm playing that game since 2016 :cry:
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1