Jespar won't follow me (Word of the Dead) 

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
nechojak
Bettler
Bettler

So I'm on the part of the quest where you're supposed to travel to the aged man's manor and Jespar just refuses to follow me. He still moves around, occasionally pacing a few steps, but never actually follows me. The game definitely registers him as my follower because I tried hitting him and his info popped up (I quicksaved before I hit him). What do I do? I've looked up potential solutions on the internet, but none helped. I did try moving him with the console but loaded a save after I did when it didn't work.

I'm using the Special Edition version with no mods. Save file attached. If there's anything else needed of me to solve the issue please let me know.

EDIT: Forgot the ESS File.
Dateianhänge
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello nechojak

I couldn't find a cause for the problem in a hurry, when I loaded your save, Jespar was far away, so at Ark city gate.
Did you use any fast travel at that time for example (or the console)?

But I fixed it in the new save that I attach to you here.
Jespar now will follow you again, as long as you stay on the right path, until you reach the house.
Dateianhänge
Save73 Jespar fixed.zip
(1.51 MiB) 46-mal heruntergeladen
nechojak
Bettler
Bettler

No console usage on that save, and no fast travel mod. I did fly there using Myrad but he was doing this before I flew as well.

Anyways I opened the save and it worked, thank you! What exactly did you do to fix it? :o
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

I found him, as I said, in front of Ark and I "persuaded" him to join the team (sometimes we have our tricks that you shouldn't use without proper knowledge).
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1