CTD in Ark upon EXP gain

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Gandohar91
Bettler
Bettler

I started the game today after a long break and every time I go to ARK via teleport, the game crashes after a few seconds after loading, right after a notice pops up, that I gained 25 EXP. When walking into the town, I don't get those EXP immediatly but after around 15-20 minutes and the games crashes too.
I don't know what I get those 25 EXP for since it doesn't matter in which quarter I teleport to or where I am when walking in the town.
This happens also a few minutes after loading a save inside the town.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello Gandohar91
- Do you have any mods installed or cheats used? If so, which ones?
Mods and cheats can trigger problems that are not always immediately visible. We can't support such problems.
Try again without these mods.

- If you did not use mods or cheats, send us your savegame and a second slightly earlier save before the problem occurred.
Saved games can be found here: C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal Special Edition\Saves or here: C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal\Saves
(depending on your Enderal-version). We always need the -.ess and the -.skse file with the same name!
Put both in a zip or rar archive (the forum does not accept *.skse otherwise) and attach them here under File attachment.
If possible please no autosaves or quicksaves, but a manually saved game.

- You could also try waiting 3-7 days in game at a different area.
- Maybe a repair with Steam will help?
- Or try again with an older saved game before the problem? (I hope you have many manual savegames and not only autosave or quicksaves)
- I hope you didn't use a savegame from the older 32 bit version for 64 bit (Enderal_SE) or vice versa? This would be incompatible and cause errors.
(the same applies for saves from the very old Enderal version from 2016 before the DLC)
Gandohar91
Bettler
Bettler

So it took some days, but I tried some of your advices.
Firstly, yes I use some mods, most from the steam workshop, 4 from the Nexus. If interested I could write them all down.
I first tried the steam repair and it indeed had to get 3 new files.
After that I tried to wait several days in the game at another location, but right after teleport I got the random 25 XP and the game crashed. So... f* me
Sadly I don't have any older savegames of this try, since it worked for a while last time and I stupidly saved during this time... My next older save is some levels ago and from 2019 :D

PS: All mods are up to date, like the game files
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi!

could you please upload a save anyway, please?
(we can't make any promises though)
Gandohar91
Bettler
Bettler

Okay, thank you. I packed up the two files of the current savegame, like I said, I don't have any previous saves before the problem that are even close in time and considering the quicksaves or auto saves I also don't know if there are any before the incident because it took some while for the crash to occur in the first place so all saves I tried lead to that exact crash.
Dateianhänge
VymiraCrashSaves.rar
(1.91 MiB) 49-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

the good news is that your save doesn't crash on my end, so it's apparently "just" mods, and maybe not even that.

i'd suspect the 25 exp you get are related to city's fast-travel system, and you're crashing when getting near a road sign.
try traveling near Ark and walking into the city - if it still crashes, take out your mods.
(the most likely offender seems to be Fast Travel, you should be able to reinstall it afterwards).
(if it still crashes when deactivating the mod you'll need to uninstall them and do a steam-check)

good luck :)
Gandohar91
Bettler
Bettler

Wow okay, thank you very much, I will try out what you proposed the next time I play!
Big thanks for checking it out on your end!
Gandohar91
Bettler
Bettler

Okay, I tried your proposal, it was definetly not the fast travel mod, disabled and uninstalled it, still crashed within minutes.
After I disabled all mods, is worked. Now I have to go through the progress of testing every single mod untill I find the one that causes this, while I have no clue which could even trigger EXP gain in any way. Since this will take some while, so will my next report, but I will report back, so if this happens again, you are familiar with a likely suspect

EDIT: Did it all now, tried all mods one after the other, no success, game didn't crash again. But there is one mod that gives EXP, "JCDEnderalWorkersApartment" which is also the reason I lost 70% of all my equipment because I stored it in containers provided by the mod when I forgot they weren't standard... it's all gone now. So I don't know if I will continue to play, what turns all this effort to dust, especially since I couldn't find out the culprit.
Again thanks for you effort
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

sorry to hear that, but maybe don't give up yet!

in case you didn't check these possibilities
- maybe the issue wasn't a single mod but your loadorder or some incompatibility with each other?
- are your mods up to date?
- can you load a save with just the house mod installed and grab your equipment?

good luck :)
Gandohar91
Bettler
Bettler

Sadly once the mod got uninstalled, all data related to objects in storage provided by the mod apparently gets deleted too, the reinstallation of the mod did nothing to get this back since the logs got propably deleted with it :thumbsdown:
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2