CTD in Deus Ex Machina 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Astrogrinder
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hello! My game crashes to desktop without error message near end of the Deus Ex Machina quest. It happens when I agree to go back to Ark with Calia after we report to Lishari what we found. Screen just goes black and the game crashes. I have some mods, but I disabled them all and the game still crashes, so it's not a mod problem. I'm attaching ZIP with the save file. I tried to load older save files but to no avail - the game still crashes at this point. My guess is that the quest started incorrectly, but I started the quest loooong time ago and went to explore the world, I don't want to lose all that progress just to start the quest anew. And I don't know if I even have the old save... Please, help me
Dateianhänge
Saves.zip
(3.08 MiB) 45-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello Astrogrinder

Your save works for us without any problems.
But we always test without mods and can not support them, that could only do the respective creator,
if you find the guilty mod and this was built for Enderal-SE.
Only your avatar has no head, which is probably due to the HighPolyHead mod, which we do not use.

If you only deactivate the mods and don't uninstall them, there might be some file remnants left behind, which can also trigger the error.
Repair the game with Steam and test run it directly from the Enderal launcher without a mod manager.
Uninstall ALL mods (or only one at a time until you find the culprit, if there are not several or their combination / order), then try again.

PS: please do not rely only on autosaves or quicksaves, but save often with various fixed / manual savegame, just because of the engine.
Astrogrinder
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

04.09.2021 19:56Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Repair the game with Steam and test run it directly from the Enderal launcher without a mod manager.
Uninstall ALL mods (or only one at a time until you find the culprit, if there are not several or their combination / order), then try again.
Thank you, I'll try this and report here if I find the problematic file or mod
Astrogrinder
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Update on situation: I have found what was causing the CTD. It was Natara Dal'Veram. Her head to be exact. I have "Women of Enderal" replacer installed and her head was replaced by high poly head. I deleted the NIF file of her head, her default head returned and everything became normal. The only thing is, she's not the only one who was replaced by the mod. Calia, Esme, Dijaam, female traders from the market - I interacted with them just fine. Not to mention that my character himself has high poly head. But only Natara's head was causing troubles. I'll try to figure out why her head was doing it, but I don't think that the mod is flawed - I installed it on the clean game and approached Natara just fine to see her in her high poly glory. If somebody have an idea about what else can be the source of the trouble - please, help me. I'm fine with Natara not having high poly head but I want to find out what conflicts with some high poly heads
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello Astrogrinder

You could try to contact the creator of the mod, on NexusMods or wherever this mod is located.
Of course, the cause may be a conflict of this mod with another mod, only you can check. (if in doubt, omit the mod in question)

We can't support mods, but maybe you can ask your question to the community in the SureAI Discord (under: > English # modding!),
or on the Discord channel for EnderalSE (also under: # modding).
Astrogrinder
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

06.09.2021 08:59Stefanie hat geschrieben:
You could try to contact the creator of the mod, on NexusMods or wherever this mod is located.
I already know that mod author doesn't know what's causing the trouble. It's something unique to my installation, nobody could replicate this so far. Maybe I'll ask on Discord later. Thank you for help) I could not find the problem if I didn't know that the save works on a clean version
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1