Crashing when alchemy/cooking/etc.

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
greatdeceiver
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello,

I am playing Enderal Special Edition and it's been great so far. However, I'm having a very annoying problem - whenever I try to use a crafting station (alchemy, cooking, etc.) the game freezes as the inventory screen is coming up. I have to manually close the game through task manager, everything becomes unresponsive.

It happens over 90% of the time - there are very rare instances where it does work, but I can't seem to isolate the problem. I haven't had any problems outside of this issue. Zero crashes outside of crafting.

This is a vanilla install of Enderal with no additional mods.

Any ideas?

I've attached my latest savegame next to an alchemy bench for reference.

Thanks in advance!
Dateianhänge
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello greatdeceiver
  • Have you ever started the game without SkyUI?
  • or did you start your current run with the old 32bit version?
(Savegames or mods must never be switched between versions, otherwise they are incompatible).
  • Or did you even install SkyUI yourself, even in addition to the version you already have?
Your savegame runs with me, unfortunately we only have the -,ess file and no -.skse file, of course something can go wrong.
A savegame always consists of 2 files (a -.ess and a -.skse) with the same name, it's best to put them in an archive, because -.skse can't be uploaded directly.
The game is quite jerky by me, as if in this save are old data that should not be there.
(Alchemy doesn't work for some others in the team either).

PS: Also, you have Meditation (under the Enderal menu) assigned identically to the talents, which can trigger more errors.
greatdeceiver
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi Stefanie, thank you very much for your reply.

I did indeed start my current run on the old 32 bit version (copied the savegames over) - I guess that's what mucked it up. Strange that everything else works fine...

I've included both the .ess and the .skse files in the zip file attached to this post, just for your reference.

I will start a new game (I'm only about 10 hours in, not too bad).

Thanks again for your help and congratulations for the great work!
Dateianhänge
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1